What you doing this weekend?

rennie

10 minutes ago, fastbob said:

A pleasant ride-in to the Bike Weekend at Coventry Motofest . 

IMG_20210724_122719647.jpg

IMG_20210724_100527248.jpg

IMG_20210724_100517707.jpg

2 Questions for you Bob.

Was it any good and is it on tomorrow as well?

Cheers

Ian

11 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

2 Questions for you Bob.

Was it any good and is it on tomorrow as well?

Cheers

Ian

There isn't a ride-in tomorrow . Content was good but not a lot of quantity . The highlights for me were meeting a few old friends for a natter . There is a Wall of Death and I believe there are also some vintage cars on show in the cathedral ruins . If I'm honest there isn't enough going on to fill a day out but it should be born in mind that pre Covid the whole of Motorfest was concentrated into one weekend rather than spread over a month . 

There's a bloody rock n roll weekend starting tonight on site.

I shall attend,  sitting outside wi dog looking like a miserable get....

Mind. Thunderstorms on the way.

1. Quick couple of hours worth...lol. Lisa n Grace have gone home so they won't be counting my beers and telling me off for drinking whilst taking meds 😂
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I shall be on a roof getting rid of a wasps nest for one of my riding buddies. They turn nasty this time of year as the queen stops needing them and withdraws their sugar hit. Late summer wasps are cranky because they're like addicts going through withdrawal.

23 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I shall be on a roof getting rid of a wasps nest for one of my riding buddies. They turn nasty this time of year as the queen stops needing them and withdraws their sugar hit. Late summer wasps are cranky because they're like addicts going through withdrawal.

I got rid of one earlier this week nesting in the cavity at the side of the front door, I didn't mind them and they never really bothered me till I got stung twice and that was enough, which after coexisting for a couple of months without issue seemed it would get worse.

So I armed myself with a few cans of killer and just sprayed them as they were going in and coming out of the nest, once thinned out I then sprayed directly into the hole going in to the cavity, left it for a few hours then got any that were hanging around and later filled the cavity with expanding foam to seal it all up, no sign of any at all now :thumb:

16 minutes ago, dynax said:

I got rid of one earlier this week nesting in the cavity at the side of the front door, I didn't mind them and they never really bothered me till I got stung twice and that was enough, which after coexisting for a couple of months without issue seemed it would get worse.

So I armed myself with a few cans of killer and just sprayed them as they were going in and coming out of the nest, once thinned out I then sprayed directly into the hole going in to the cavity, left it for a few hours then got any that were hanging around and later filled the cavity with expanding foam to seal it all up, no sign of any at all now :thumb:

It's the life cycle of wasp colonies. During the earlier part of the year the workers hunt for aphids and other bugs to feed the larvae, they get a sugar reward for doing so. Towards later summer the queen stops laying worker eggs so doesn't need the supply of protein. The worker wasps are hooked on the sugar which is now withdrawn so they get mean. It's also why they bother anyone with a sugar snack over the later summer. Come autumn the queen lays new queen eggs which when emerged hibernate over the winter. The rest of the colony all die so only the queen wasps survive the winter to begin a new nest next year. The dying workers can be very aggressive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ian Frog said:

Just put new brake pads on the ZRX so going to the Super Sausage for a brekky now !

Cheers

Ian

Up your way Sunday to pick this up for my nephew, been sitting for 10 years he wanted a project … 

D55145FA-0A0B-45D0-A92B-96BEFB48CB85.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Six30 said:

Up your way Sunday to pick this up for my nephew, been sitting for 10 years he wanted a project … 

D55145FA-0A0B-45D0-A92B-96BEFB48CB85.jpeg

What sort of time are you up and whereabouts?

We have no solid plans at this time.

Cheers

Ian

1 hour ago, Ian Frog said:

What sort of time are you up and whereabouts?

We have no solid plans at this time.

Cheers

Ian

time we get there and get bike loaded should be around 12 i reckon, postcode where we are  going is NN5 6AL, meet at a cafe or something ?

Have a look at JD`s NN17 3JJ ?

Let me know what you think (There is a pub within walking distance if you want to persuade someone else to do the driving lol.

Cheers

Ian

2 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Have a look at JD`s NN17 3JJ ?

Let me know what you think (There is a pub within walking distance if you want to persuade someone else to do the driving lol.

Cheers

Ian

I’ll look where it is in a bit , let you know a more exact time tomorrow, I’ll text you 👍

All going well I'll be plotting my escape. We got totally screwed in Singapore,  got one guy off but only because his Dad died and we sailed short handed. The other 5 no chance. Now on the way to West Africa but via Reunion where there's a chance of doing some crew changes. If that doesn't work looking at end of September which is depressing, 5 months into a 3 month tour. Mmph.

• Sad 3