What you doing this weekend?

rennie

57 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

All going well I'll be plotting my escape. We got totally screwed in Singapore,  got one guy off but only because his Dad died and we sailed short handed. The other 5 no chance. Now on the way to West Africa but via Reunion where there's a chance of doing some crew changes. If that doesn't work looking at end of September which is depressing, 5 months into a 3 month tour. Mmph.

Good luck. 

Here's something to cheer you up

• Haha 3

On 01/08/2021 at 18:34, Bender said:

Good luck. 

Here's something to cheer you up

If all goes well should know by end of week if escape is on. Company is planning for it only potential issue is French authorities for island of Reunion which can turn things upside down on a whim. 12 blokes keeping their fingers crossed.

• Like 4

I've got 7 guys joining if all goes well and 6 going home. Unfortunately I'm not one of them which is a bit of a bummer. Was hoping to be home for my dad's 91st birthday at end of month. Both my brothers will be there, one from Germany and the other from USA. First time in 5 years they'll both be in UK at same time. Sometimes I hate my job.

• Sad 3

We're going to Roydon Soundwaves in Norfolk :cheers:

Roydon Sandpits, Near Diss, Norfolk. THIS IS NOT A FREE EVENT.
Duration: 7 hr
Public Anyone on or off Facebook

Open air live music event in aid of Friends of Chernobyl Children.
Music by, Renegade Twelve, Pirate Joe and the Foreign Locals, The Harvs, Christian Murphy, Elsi, Sophie Griffiths, and The Signs, compared by Keith Sillett,
Full Bar and BBQ, Plenty of space to socially distance, bring deckchair/blanket, Tickets in advance:- Adult £10, child £5, Family (2+2) £25, On the gate:- Adult £12.50 Child £5, Family £30, Please don't rely on getting tickets on the day as our numbers are restricted. Tickets available soon from Roydon Service Station, Browns butchers Diss, and online via our website. www.chernobylschildrendiss.com

Trying to get to coast.....

Saturday dinner time will see me enjoying some Italian lager whist watching the mighty against them.

Sunday is the hornsea biker event. Bizarrely for hornsea its an extremely well organised event.

• Like 1

Child free this weekend, combination of sleepovers, hols with family and the Swiss cheese model has lined up !!

Started the weekend by call ing work and telling them i would be late in ... Monday!

At 0700hrs this morning i set off from Braithwaite to cycle to Selby, 31 miles of joy.

Front garden in Sykhouses ... really...

20210813_072535.jpg

Snaith Bridge ... with Drax in the background ... green power in action .. NOT !

20210813_081350.jpg

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 1

Working, as per usual. Was hoping to get the call that my new rear tyre had arrived, but nothing - so should be next Saturday its fitted. Part service booked for the 24th (oil/filters and brake fluid). Buying euros on Monday. ready for setting off in 3 weeks time to Euroland. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

so where you going ?

Scotland  😔.  Up to Loch Lomond area then head on over towards Inverness - on to John O'Groats - Durness - Ullapool and then back across to Inverness area, and on to the Cairngorms then down through Northumberland - and home. 

Original Plan was over to Germany. 😪

Next year is the Alps (with a bit of luck)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

Working, as per usual. Was hoping to get the call that my new rear tyre had arrived, but nothing - so should be next Saturday its fitted. Part service booked for the 24th (oil/filters and brake fluid). Buying euros on Monday. ready for setting off in 3 weeks time to Euroland. 

Where you going!

3 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Scotland  😔.  Up to Loch Lomond area then head on over towards Inverness - on to John O'Groats - Durness - Ullapool and then back across to Inverness area, and on to the Cairngorms then down through Northumberland - and home. 

Original Plan was over to Germany. 😪

Next year is the Alps (with a bit of luck)

enjoy

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Where you going!

Can't stand the risks involved with crossing to France, nor do I much fancy the idea of a 400+ mile ride across to the Black Forest and likely dodgy weather once we get there. Eifel is still a long way from recovered from the disastrous floods. There wasn't much enthusiasm for going to Scotland. So, I suggested we try Ireland for a change and the reaction was wholly positive, far more enthusiastic than I thought possible. There is a route called the Wild Atlantic Way and we will be following that from its start at Kinsale in Co. Cork as far as the Connemara national park in Galway. before heading to Dublin for the return ferry to Holyhead. The guys are all psyched up for this - despite the usual risk of rain. (Ireland). With any luck we will be able to spend a few days in Kerry as that's by far the nicest region.. before following the 'Way' north, through Clare and into Galway.

Biggest plus, under the current conditions. No need for any testing - either before or after. Just have proof that you are fully vaccinated. Don't even need to take a passport.

Best-Top-Scenic-Drives-Driving-Cycling-Routes-In-Ireland-Kerry-Cork-Wild-Atlantic-Way-Route-Map-27.05.16.jpg

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 3

If you can, try and fit in Sally Gap which is south of Dublin situated in the Wicklow Mountains. 
I worked over there fitting Sky Digital back in 1999/2000.  
It’s bloody stunning!! 

Don’t let the title put you off

https://www.dangerousroads.org/europe/ireland/1256-sally-gap-ireland.html

Edited by fullscreenaging
  • Like 1

A very enjoyable weekend . I got it into my head to go to Wales on Saturday afternoon so I grabbed just the basics for a one night camp and set off . 

IMG_20210814_202728789.jpg

• Like 7

On 13/08/2021 at 19:05, Gerontious said:

Can't stand the risks involved with crossing to France, nor do I much fancy the idea of a 400+ mile ride across to the Black Forest and likely dodgy weather once we get there. Eifel is still a long way from recovered from the disastrous floods. There wasn't much enthusiasm for going to Scotland. So, I suggested we try Ireland for a change and the reaction was wholly positive, far more enthusiastic than I thought possible. There is a route called the Wild Atlantic Way and we will be following that from its start at Kinsale in Co. Cork as far as the Connemara national park in Galway. before heading to Dublin for the return ferry to Holyhead. The guys are all psyched up for this - despite the usual risk of rain. (Ireland). With any luck we will be able to spend a few days in Kerry as that's by far the nicest region.. before following the 'Way' north, through Clare and into Galway.

Biggest plus, under the current conditions. No need for any testing - either before or after. Just have proof that you are fully vaccinated. Don't even need to take a passport.

Best-Top-Scenic-Drives-Driving-Cycling-Routes-In-Ireland-Kerry-Cork-Wild-Atlantic-Way-Route-Map-27.05.16.jpg

Also bear in mind that if you travel to Belfast or Larne from Scotland by ferry there is no jab requirement to enter Northern Ireland or to cross into Ireland .. for those unjabbed for whatever reason.

12 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

Also bear in mind that if you travel to Belfast or Larne from Scotland by ferry there is no jab requirement to enter Northern Ireland or to cross into Ireland .. for those unjabbed for whatever reason.

... as for crossing to the Republic, the requirement is waived only if you've spent the previous 14 days in the North.

13 minutes ago, bonio said:

... as for crossing to the Republic, the requirement is waived only if you've spent the previous 14 days in the North.

Nonsense ... theres no hard border ... just drive across it like i did 4 weeks ago ... and back again the next day ... unless you wear your yellow star who would know ...

• Like 1

The Forest of Bowland ride out is off, instead it has been replaced with a ride around the Yorkshire Dales, but I might have to miss this one as the route start and return are via the A1(M), unless they change route or I go my own way and meet up somewhere and make my own way back home :thumb:

• Sad 1