What you doing this weekend?

rennie

From last week, we drove over Bealach-na-Ba to Applecross. It was very busy and the cloud cover meat visibility was measurable in feet. Hats off to the bikers that day. It was scary in a car, but to do that on a bike, no thanks. I have ridden it on my bike, in January, when I saw one other vehicle on the road.

1 hour ago, Throttled said:

From last week, we drove over Bealach-na-Ba to Applecross. It was very busy and the cloud cover meat visibility was measurable in feet. Hats off to the bikers that day. It was scary in a car, but to do that on a bike, no thanks. I have ridden it on my bike, in January, when I saw one other vehicle on the road.

I know what you mean . I did it years ago on my first GSXR 1100 which was not the ideal bike . This was before the days when we preview everything on YouTube . In fact I'd never heard of it . I just decided to take a left turn at the bottom to see where the road went . Not only did I find myself in a white out but it was raining cats and dogs at the top and blowing a gale . At one point the rain was going up on one side of the road and down on the other . Fighting to stay on the road and stay upright , I stopped briefly to consider the options . And then in my white , howling , buffeting , rain lashed little world I burst out laughing at the sheer stupidity of my situation . I made it to Applecross in the end but it was very dicey  . Applecross bay was a mass of huge grey breakers and the wind was roaring through the trees in a terrifying fashion . I spent an anxious night in a tent that was blown flat by the strongest gusts but in the morning all was calm and the sun was out . That's Scotland for you . By the way , have you read about what happened up there this year ? 

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

This weekend if the patron saint of seamen is up to the job I should be on a plane from Israel to the UK. My relief is currently in bound so looking hopeful.🤞

Good Luck, I hope it all goes well for you. 👍

4 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Ha! Sitting in an airport with a beer or 3. Waiting for covid test but looking like me and a couple of guys are home free. Good beer too -Goldstar, 4.9 %

Steady old lad.

You've been dry for 3 month.

Sorry sir you appear intoxicated......

59 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Steady old lad.

You've been dry for 3 month.

Sorry sir you appear intoxicated......

Midnight here and the bar is closed. 4 pints in only and still have 2 hours before I can check in. And I was dry for 5 months! Now reduced to coffee from a machine. Bleah.

57 minutes ago, NeilM said:

I have just taken me mam n dad out for my dads birthday.  Drank lager 

Come home. Dyed Grace's hair.....

Lisa is at the coast.

I am now worried.

Well....

Its definitely blue sort of tinge.

I'm now drinking gin. Scared to phone r lass. I will wait....

Worse part is. I bought the dye whilst sober, thus pre medicated. I may do time for this.

• Haha 4

Just now, S-Westerly said:

Midnight here and the bar is closed. 4 pints in only and still have 2 hours before I can check in. And I was dry for 5 months! Now reduced to coffee from a machine. Bleah.

Good stuff.

Welcome home

• Thanks 1

On 17/09/2021 at 21:47, fastbob said:

I know what you mean . I did it years ago on my first GSXR 1100 which was not the ideal bike . This was before the days when we preview everything on YouTube . In fact I'd never heard of it . I just decided to take a left turn at the bottom to see where the road went . Not only did I find myself in a white out but it was raining cats and dogs at the top and blowing a gale . At one point the rain was going up on one side of the road and down on the other . Fighting to stay on the road and stay upright , I stopped briefly to consider the options . And then in my white , howling , buffeting , rain lashed little world I burst out laughing at the sheer stupidity of my situation . I made it to Applecross in the end but it was very dicey  . Applecross bay was a mass of huge grey breakers and the wind was roaring through the trees in a terrifying fashion . I spent an anxious night in a tent that was blown flat by the strongest gusts but in the morning all was calm and the sun was out . That's Scotland for you . By the way , have you read about what happened up there this year ? 

The only thing I saw was about hotel closures. We took a packed lunch.

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I went there once on a ride round the island. It seemed to be a bit of a dump. Hope you're not suffering this morning.

I think the old town which is pedestrian only isn't bad at all. Had a decent meal and good booze thereafter. Loads of money around of the "yottie" variety which in my boat owning days I used to avoid like the plaque. Probably the WAFI brigade who get in the way of proper ships going about their business.