Jump to content
  • Sign up now

    Registration is quick and easy 

What you doing this weekend?


rennie
 Share

Recommended Posts

From last week, we drove over Bealach-na-Ba to Applecross. It was very busy and the cloud cover meat visibility was measurable in feet. Hats off to the bikers that day. It was scary in a car, but to do that on a bike, no thanks. I have ridden it on my bike, in January, when I saw one other vehicle on the road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Throttled said:

From last week, we drove over Bealach-na-Ba to Applecross. It was very busy and the cloud cover meat visibility was measurable in feet. Hats off to the bikers that day. It was scary in a car, but to do that on a bike, no thanks. I have ridden it on my bike, in January, when I saw one other vehicle on the road.

I know what you mean . I did it years ago on my first GSXR 1100 which was not the ideal bike . This was before the days when we preview everything on YouTube . In fact I'd never heard of it . I just decided to take a left turn at the bottom to see where the road went . Not only did I find myself in a white out but it was raining cats and dogs at the top and blowing a gale . At one point the rain was going up on one side of the road and down on the other . Fighting to stay on the road and stay upright , I stopped briefly to consider the options . And then in my white , howling , buffeting , rain lashed little world I burst out laughing at the sheer stupidity of my situation . I made it to Applecross in the end but it was very dicey  . Applecross bay was a mass of huge grey breakers and the wind was roaring through the trees in a terrifying fashion . I spent an anxious night in a tent that was blown flat by the strongest gusts but in the morning all was calm and the sun was out . That's Scotland for you . By the way , have you read about what happened up there this year ? 

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, rennie said:

We're going on holiday in the campervan today for a week! :thumb:

first 2 nights are at a cider farm in Somerset :cheers:

Will you get as far as 3rd night after a start like that.?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

This weekend if the patron saint of seamen is up to the job I should be on a plane from Israel to the UK. My relief is currently in bound so looking hopeful.🤞

Good Luck, I hope it all goes well for you. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have just taken me mam n dad out for my dads birthday.  Drank lager 

Come home. Dyed Grace's hair.....

Lisa is at the coast.

 

I am now worried.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Ha! Sitting in an airport with a beer or 3. Waiting for covid test but looking like me and a couple of guys are home free. Good beer too -Goldstar, 4.9 %

Steady old lad.

You've been dry for 3 month.

 

Sorry sir you appear intoxicated......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Steady old lad.

You've been dry for 3 month.

 

Sorry sir you appear intoxicated......

Midnight here and the bar is closed. 4 pints in only and still have 2 hours before I can check in. And I was dry for 5 months! Now reduced to coffee from a machine. Bleah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, NeilM said:

I have just taken me mam n dad out for my dads birthday.  Drank lager 

Come home. Dyed Grace's hair.....

Lisa is at the coast.

 

I am now worried.

Well....

Its definitely blue sort of tinge.

I'm now drinking gin. Scared to phone r lass. I will wait....

Worse part is. I bought the dye whilst sober, thus pre medicated. I may do time for this.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, S-Westerly said:

Midnight here and the bar is closed. 4 pints in only and still have 2 hours before I can check in. And I was dry for 5 months! Now reduced to coffee from a machine. Bleah.

Good stuff.

Welcome home

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/09/2021 at 21:47, fastbob said:

I know what you mean . I did it years ago on my first GSXR 1100 which was not the ideal bike . This was before the days when we preview everything on YouTube . In fact I'd never heard of it . I just decided to take a left turn at the bottom to see where the road went . Not only did I find myself in a white out but it was raining cats and dogs at the top and blowing a gale . At one point the rain was going up on one side of the road and down on the other . Fighting to stay on the road and stay upright , I stopped briefly to consider the options . And then in my white , howling , buffeting , rain lashed little world I burst out laughing at the sheer stupidity of my situation . I made it to Applecross in the end but it was very dicey  . Applecross bay was a mass of huge grey breakers and the wind was roaring through the trees in a terrifying fashion . I spent an anxious night in a tent that was blown flat by the strongest gusts but in the morning all was calm and the sun was out . That's Scotland for you . By the way , have you read about what happened up there this year ? 

 

The only thing I saw was about hotel closures. We took a packed lunch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Might uncover the bike and give it a wash. Well it's the only thing I can do as there's no petrol and bot the bike and car need fuel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I went there once on a ride round the island. It seemed to be a bit of a dump. Hope you're not suffering this morning.

I think the old town which is pedestrian only isn't bad at all. Had a decent meal and good booze thereafter. Loads of money around of the "yottie" variety which in my boat owning days I used to avoid like the plaque. Probably the WAFI brigade who get in the way of proper ships going about their business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the American one for IOWA   Idiots, Out, Wandering, About.

A chap I knew who moved to the states said it is largely true but I have no experience to confirm or argue.

Cheers

Ian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.