What you doing this weekend?

rennie

I'm due to get the car serviced and MOT'd but I'll have to go for a ride on the bike to find a petrol station with some fuel as it's down to a range of 45 miles.

Still the bike has fuel so that should cover the week ahead

• 2 weeks later...

Currently attempting upgrade of the wife's satnav/radio firmware in her nissan, it will either be a brick or work, it's been turning itself off so much if it's bricked it's not that much of a loss, I have a feeling the wife won't see it like that 😁 

• Haha 3

Well we don't have a brick 😂 

Some nice sections in the service screen, it's taken the update, need to go for a drive later see how it works. 

Took over an hour, hazards on, engine running,  key out of car, fingers crossed its sorted out the switching off. 

DSC_2093.JPG

DSC_2092.JPG

• Like 1

Oh god. It's bad enough having to update my computer or phone. Now I've got the car to look forward to! Actually no I don't  as the car is my wife's and I'm allowed to drive it only; not mess around with it at all. Phew.

• Like 1

The weatherys great & Supposed to have been at the Stafford Classic Bike show today, but started feeling shit on Thursday & tested positive for Covid yesterday - got a high temp, headache & cough, Missus Mickly’s got the same but has also lost her sense of taste & smell, pretty convinced we caught it off 12yo granddaughter who we child mind, she has mild symptoms & tested positive on Friday!!

Talk about being pissed off 😡 

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Mickly said:

The weatherys great & Supposed to have been at the Stafford Classic Bike show today, but started feeling shit on Thursday & tested positive for Covid yesterday - got a high temp, headache & cough, Missus Mickly’s got the same but has also lost her sense of taste & smell, pretty convinced we caught it off 12yo granddaughter who we child mind, she has mild symptoms & tested positive on Friday!!

That's lousy for you. Hope you're both feeling better soon. There's no telling how this clobbers people at random.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickly said:

Hope it isn't too bad and you start to feel better soon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mickly said:

Look after yourselves . Some advice based on what appeared to work for me . Stay off tea and coffee and any medicine that has caffeine in the small print . If you're drifting off to sleep you're not coughing and that will help with the headache . Pure paracetamol is all I took and it worked really well to regulate my temperature and alleviate the headaches . I don't know if it helped or just raised my spirits but I drank a lot of hot chocolate which seemed to calm the coughing for a while . Hope you get well soon . 

• Like 2

Looks like this coming weekend i is fitting heated grips, phone charger new mirrors to bike then a coma system to a helmet…

Finally I might be allowed to put a new phone holder on my own and ride it….

weekend just gone I worked and went sailing…. 

Also decided to commute on my own bike more parking round here a has gone nuts again walking down the middle of unlit streets as pavements are full of cars is no fun.

Nursing a broken finger. 

Using a power drill to make the holes in a ground anchor slightly bigger to accommodate the rawl fittings I have, and the bit, (from a crap set, I might add) chipped the cutting edge off. Bit jammed in hole, but drill wrenched my hand round, breaking my pinky finger. 

(finished doing that, then changed the instrument panel on the 600, to one that the odo and clock working, £96 from Italy, ten times cheaper than from Honda. Supposed to be OEM, and to be honest I can't tell the difference between the two of them, then went hospital with a weird coloured finger) 

Edited by billy sugger
Spelling
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, billy sugger said:

Nursing a broken finger. 

Using a power drill to make the holes in a ground anchor slightly bigger to accommodate the rawl fittings I have, and the bit, (from a crap set, I might add) chipped the cutting edge off. Bit jammed in hole, but drill wrenched my hand round, breaking my pinky finger. 

(finished doing that, then changed the instrument panel on the 600, to one that the odo and clock working, £96 from Italy, ten times cheaper than from Honda. Supposed to be OEM, and to be honest I can't tell the difference between the two of them, then went hospital with a weird coloured finger) 

I hope your finger isn't too painful I'm guessing there's not a lot you can do for it other than pain relief. 

I'm doing as little as possible this weekend had this chest infection virus thing for over 3 weeks now 2nd course of antibiotics and nightshifts 😩

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Not working for once!! :lol:

Going up to Scotland for our Wedding Anniversary. Wife's booked a cabin on a Loch :thumb:

You mean by the loch... 😋

• Haha 1

On 15/10/2021 at 12:02, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Taking our granddaughter to look at motorbikes. She's six months old so it's time she started thinking about it. Plus I need an oil filter from the parts dept.

My dad took me to Coventry Station in the 60's to witness the last of the steam locomotives . 

10 hours ago, fastbob said:

My dad took me to Coventry Station in the 60's to witness the last of the steam locomotives . 

You probably weren`t 6months old and you didn`t go on to buy a locomotive !

Which is probably a shame as I think you would be the sort to demand access to somewhere you could use it lol.

Cheers Ian

22 hours ago, fastbob said:

I have a very early memory of seeing Mallard in a station and being completely overwhelmed by it. It represented power and speed even just standing still.

That and riding on the driver's cab of the Flying Scotsman. You can understand why every little lad wanted to be an engine driver back then.

• Like 1