What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Took a short run to Orce cos I had to see somebody there......and what do you know? A bunch of Moto Club F@ckwits sitting around doing f@ck all when they could be riding.

It was the usual entourage of Beemers, along with a Triumph and a couple of Harleys! And as per usual, 1970's Brit Greasers in worn out jackets and ripped jeans riding Parts Bin Specials get blanked!

Most of them looked too old and too short for their bikes.......so I had the Camera ready just in case of mishaps!

And for some strange reason today I felt in sync again with the Strom again. Weird!

I spent the weekend making a right mess!

DSC_0315.thumb.JPG.e98ff9a952822d6a65768e8f17c156e6.JPG

IMG_1806.JPG.7807d901a4be09085380c341f6698074.JPG

I replaced the leaking sump on the Jeep, put in a new oil filter and oil (obviously...), replaced the air filter and fuel filter, drained, cleaned and refilled the front and rear diff and topped up the fluid in the transfer case.

Never having replaced a sump before I can pass on the one thing I learned to anyone else thinking about doing it for the first time: put the drain plug back in before you remove it from the engine! I thought it would be empty when the drips stopped, but as you can see it wasn't, and a good litre of considerably-warmer-than-was-comfortable oil came pissing out all over me and the floor!

The biggest challenge was fitting the new air freshener: yellow or green stick-on gecko? We've always had green before, but after much discussion with my kids in Halfords we've gone for a yellow one this time. Whole different vibe, man...

Guest Richzx6r

DSC_0315.JPG

IMG_1806.JPG

I replaced the leaking sump on the Jeep, put in a new oil filter and oil (obviously...), replaced the air filter and fuel filter, drained, cleaned and refilled the front and rear diff and topped up the fluid in the transfer case.

Never having replaced a sump before I can pass on the one thing I learned to anyone else thinking about doing it for the first time: put the drain plug back in before you remove it from the engine! I thought it would be empty when the drips stopped, but as you can see it wasn't, and a good litre of considerably-warmer-than-was-comfortable oil came pissing out all over me and the floor!

The biggest challenge was fitting the new air freshener: yellow or green stick-on gecko? We've always had green before, but after much discussion with my kids in Halfords we've gone for a yellow one this time. Whole different vibe, man...

Looks like much fun was had

DSC_0315.JPG

IMG_1806.JPG

i bet those jeans are not as blue now :lol:

Whilst out pottering about stopped at that ford that @Mawsley pictured his scooter at.

Cheers

Ian

20200920_115429.jpg

You could've popped in for a cuppa :D

Whereabouts are you?

I am only up the road in Weldon lol.

Cheers

Ian

I won't be using the Strom for the next 2 weekends.........as it's going in for part ex and I don't want to tempt fate.

However, on Sunday I will finally be tracking down that abandoned village in the Sierra de Segura that I've mentioned before.

lg.thumb.jpg.4546a90a2ebc2bdf31af747da572b075.jpg

The wife wants to see this place as she's now got into this stuff too.......so it'll be a Drive Report......

mm.gif.7842f0bce857c921e7d982c48c3de498.gif

......in a French car!

jt2giphy.gif.8a2af1f23964debad3f5954455a2fc47.gif

I won't be using the Strom for the next 2 weekends.........as it's going in for part ex and I don't want to tempt fate.

However, on Sunday I will finally be tracking down that abandoned village in the Sierra de Segura that I've mentioned before.

lg.jpg

The wife wants to see this place as she's now got into this stuff too.......so it'll be a Drive Report......

mm.gif

......in a French car!

jt2giphy.gif

Best be getting used to driving the French car 👍

Looking after the older grandson, while the younger one is being born*.

He's now upstairs magically asleep and I'm one beer into the evening.

He is really into tractors and trucks, and keeps saying "truck, truck", or "pickup truck". Only he still confuses 't' with 'f' and his 'r's are very weak. Can't help finding it hilarious.

* came this afternoon. 9lbs 11oz :shock:

He is really into tractors and trucks, and keeps saying "truck, truck", or "pickup truck". Only he still confuses 't' with 'f' and his 'r's are very weak. Can't help finding it hilarious.

Congratulations! :thumb:

That's a big baby. Congratulations to you all.

Guest Richzx6r

Congrats bonio, yeah that sounds rather large and hope they are all doing well

Well, continuing my test ride on different bikes this weekend, so far I've test ridden a GS1250, Tracer900GT, Triumph Tiger 900 and tomorrow will see me astride of a KTM1050 ADV bike, not too sure about this one though, I'm also gonna have a blast on a Versys 1000, by next week I'll hopefully have made my mind up as to what I want .... He says!!

Congratulations to everyone Bonio, good luck with the grandad duties :cheers: