What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Guest Richzx6r

Well, continuing my test ride on different bikes this weekend, so far I've test ridden a GS1250, Tracer900GT, Triumph Tiger 900 and tomorrow will see me astride of a KTM1050 ADV bike, not too sure about this one though, I'm also gonna have a blast on a Versys 1000, by next week I'll hopefully have made my mind up as to what I want .... He says!!

I think you should go for the tiger 900or the versys 1000 though the ktm does look bloody nice

Well, continuing my test ride on different bikes this weekend, so far I've test ridden a GS1250, Tracer900GT, Triumph Tiger 900 and tomorrow will see me astride of a KTM1050 ADV bike, not too sure about this one though, I'm also gonna have a blast on a Versys 1000, by next week I'll hopefully have made my mind up as to what I want .... He says!!

I think you should go for the tiger 900or the versys 1000 though the ktm does look bloody nice

I did like the tiger, good bike and a nice ride but I still got off it thinking “I’m not sure”. Not sure about the KTM, bit of a wild card for me but I’ll ride it and see. Whatever I opt for has got to be right for the daily commute as well as everything else ..... As I said the other day I think I need three or four bikes in the garage (I wish) 👍

Just been over to clear my late father-in-law's garage.

Mainly junking the majority of the shite in there to make room to sort out his radio controlled stuff.

Had a quick peek in his shed before I left - it's crammed with all sorts of radio controlled stuff. I know nothing about that sort of thing and there is LOTS of it.

Mainly junking the majority of the shite in there to make room to sort out his radio controlled stuff.

Had a quick peek in his shed before I left - it's crammed with all sorts of radio controlled stuff. I know nothing about that sort of thing and there is LOTS of it.

Join a dedicated forum for it, itemise everything there is and have a look on ebay for similar items and see what they sell for to give an idea of where to price them if you intend to sell :thumb:

Are we talking RC aircraft or cars or boats? The snag with older RC aircraft is that the radio gear changed from 35Mhz to 2.4Ghz quite a while back so old radio gear is obselete. Used airframes can be great, or there can be a multitude of cracks beneath the covering. So the value of old aircraft isn't much unless you really know the builder and the model's history.

Join a dedicated forum for it, itemise everything there is and have a look on ebay for similar items and see what they sell for to give an idea of where to price them if you intend to sell :thumb:

and run it by her indoors before you advertise otherwise you will be eating cold lunches for a month :|

Are we talking RC aircraft or cars or boats? The snag with older RC aircraft is that the radio gear changed from 35Mhz to 2.4Ghz quite a while back so old radio gear is obselete. Used airframes can be great, or there can be a multitude of cracks beneath the covering. So the value of old aircraft isn't much unless you really know the builder and the model's history.

There's all of the above!

There's stuff from the 80s which wife says is collectors grade. I counted a few 1:8 trucks, numerous buggies, several boats & aircraft and I've not even looked in the loft yet! Some is nitro, some battery...

Amongst all that stuff is boxes upon boxes of parts, spares, tools. I think I saw three of the sweetest, tiniest lathes I've ever laid my eyes on. :-) My son has dibs on one already.

He was an extroadinarily talented engineer and enjoyed building them rather than using them so most haven't actually been used.

Guest Richzx6r

There's all of the above!

There's stuff from the 80s which wife says is collectors grade. I counted a few 1:8 trucks, numerous buggies, several boats & aircraft and I've not even looked in the loft yet! Some is nitro, some battery...

Amongst all that stuff is boxes upon boxes of parts, spares, tools. I think I saw three of the sweetest, tiniest lathes I've ever laid my eyes on. :-) My son has dibs on one already.

He was an extroadinarily talented engineer and enjoyed building them rather than using them so most haven't actually been used.

Would be good to see one of the lathes I'd be interested

Water was roasting warm - probably 28 degrees! About the same as the air temp.

I fell from 7m, jumped from 12m (top of a shorter route). Stupidly had my arm out so hurt my shoulder and hand a bit but I'll live. Arms in and you're fine.

Still more rock climbing IMG-20200926-WA0028.jpg

Is that you? I’ve never tried DWS, loved watching some in films like King Lines but not tried.

This is me yesterday afternoon. Its good fun but its admin getting onto the rock with 4 climbers - we had a big boat with a captain who reversed into the face gingerly so as not to crash, we had to jump on in quick succession but then wait for everyone to do a route then jump in, then you're wet so have to get back to the boat to repeat. When it's super choppy he asked us to swim and start from the sea but that's pointless and knackering. A dingy would be better. Either way it's massive admin but it's one of the most incredible things I've ever done.

Bike loaded for our week away.

Hereford for couple of days then up to Ironbridge.

Bound to get wet at some point.

Just hoping we can find places open.

Might try Gospel pass again.

Actually glad the Canary islands got cancelled in the end.

Cheers

Ian

20200927_152619.thumb.jpg.74b1bca5e5d5e917d3ed317d6e35d64c.jpg