What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Guest Swagman
5 minutes ago, rennie said:

Skype with The Norfolk Nutters Saturday night :cheers:

Does it go hand in hand at your house Rennie, Skype equals hangover.🤣🤣

I've been using my dads workshop as its powered and big... But it's also in Wales. 

So this weekend I'm starting the process that will see my garage developed to have a work bench, complete with power tools, and a 2.2kw quiet running generator 😁

I love projects like this

It is cooked, mushed and then dehydrated fruit. Kids like things called Bear YoYos to eat, if you have come across those they are fruit leather. It is a preserving technique. A bit like fruit jerky.

I quietly lean towards the British equivalent of the American phenomena of ‘preppers’. (Not anywhere near as full on bonkers as them).As such I have spent the past couple of years getting an allotment and learning to grow food (still crap at it) and am

moving into how to preserve it for other  use. Going to try jarring some soup later I think.

I like the idea of have some self sufficiency and if the shops run out my family will be fine.

Edited by James in Brum
  • Thanks 1

Got the day off which means weekend nerd alert. Turned my Raspberry Pi 400 into a Commodore Amiga using Pimiga and have been transported back to 1994. 

Cannon Fodder, Chaos Engine and Speedball 2 are all still brilliant 😁 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rob m said:

Got the day off which means weekend nerd alert. Turned my Raspberry Pi 400 into a Commodore Amiga using Pimiga and have been transported back to 1994. 

Cannon Fodder, Chaos Engine and Speedball 2 are all still brilliant 😁 

Defenders of the Crown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rennie said:

I am about to watch Wolves play the Baggies! 😲

Wolves nearly always lose when I watch them! :classic_biggrin:

But I have cider so that's ok :cheers:

Then a siesta then skype with the Norfolk nutters and more cider :thumb:

sounds like a good day to me :thumb:

Watching the mighty whites at 3.

MOT

Went for an early morning walk. Lisa, I and dog.  Treacherous conditions to say the least. Sleeting down onto frozen snow!! 

Starting to melt a bit now thankfully. 

As promised here I am bragging about my new satnav carrier pouch 🙂

Reinforced front so the screen is protected.
As all other leather products I've made is hand stitched looks like that and is perfect for what I need 😎😏

34c4def5-d3cb-4daf-a6be-fd451f69ba98.jpg

1f724ac8-000b-4856-8bd7-c26b2f0d72c5.jpg

50ca1990-48cb-4750-98cc-f46316966e3a.jpg

e6e8cb6c-3504-45af-a765-ed5229477540.jpg

• Like 1

Funnily enough, I got a hard case with my Zumo, came with the unit in the box. never used it. I see they now cost £25. (wow)

as for saving the screen.. if you keep the unit for any length of time then the screen will be damaged, by your gloved fingers. if you want to prevent that put a film on it.

IMG_0280.JPG

• Like 2

On 16/01/2021 at 15:53, Gerontious said:

Funnily enough, I got a hard case with my Zumo, came with the unit in the box. never used it. I see they now cost £25. (wow)

as for saving the screen.. if you keep the unit for any length of time then the screen will be damaged, by your gloved fingers. if you want to prevent that put a film on it.

IMG_0280.JPG

Well..

That looks anything but genuine leather :P but £25 is good enough for plastic hard case :thumb: 

Oddly enough, Garmin says they advise against screen protector

Using a Third Party Screen Protector with the zumo XT

Third-party screen protectors may cause touchscreen issues when it is raining. The zumo XT screen was calibrated to be sensitive to work with gloves and was not tested to work with screen protectors.

Also, it is hidden in the warranty T&C that using a screen protector will affect the warranty.

Adding a screen protector or a anti-glare film is identified as an alteration to the device and the warranty will be void.

5 minutes ago, husoi said:

Oddly enough, Garmin says they advise against screen protector

Using a Third Party Screen Protector with the zumo XT

Third-party screen protectors may cause touchscreen issues when it is raining. The zumo XT screen was calibrated to be sensitive to work with gloves and was not tested to work with screen protectors.

Also, it is hidden in the warranty T&C that using a screen protector will affect the warranty.

Adding a screen protector or a anti-glare film is identified as an alteration to the device and the warranty will be void.

The technology is exactly the same as used on any modern smart phone.

To avoid warranty issues, remove it before returning it to the service department at Southampton, of course the only reason to use a film is to protect the screen from glove damage. If you don't mind that happening. then don't bother,.