What you doing this weekend?

rennie

1 minute ago, Gerontious said:

The technology is exactly the same as used on any modern smart phone.

To avoid warranty issues, remove it before returning it to the service department at Southampton, of course the only reason to use a film is to protect the screen from glove damage. If you don't mind that happening. then don't bother,.

Same as fitting LED headlights :) you will replace them with normal halogen before you go to MOT. :thumb: 

Just making sure people are aware of this before anything goes pear shape.  

25 minutes ago, husoi said:

Well..

That looks anything but genuine leather :P but £25 is good enough for plastic hard case :thumb: 

Oddly enough, Garmin says they advise against screen protector

Using a Third Party Screen Protector with the zumo XT

Third-party screen protectors may cause touchscreen issues when it is raining. The zumo XT screen was calibrated to be sensitive to work with gloves and was not tested to work with screen protectors.

Also, it is hidden in the warranty T&C that using a screen protector will affect the warranty.

Adding a screen protector or a anti-glare film is identified as an alteration to the device and the warranty will be void.

I use a screen protector on mine and so far so good 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

I use a screen protector on mine and so far so good 

I'm not saying that we shouldn't make sure the screen is properly protected. I intend to get one myself.

Just stating what Garmin says on their website 🙂

Still to decide if will be anti-glare or just normal clear one. some people saying that anti-glare film makes it look like dusty screen.

Then will need a oleophobic liquid to prevent smudges and fingerprints.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

I don't think there is any need for anti glare with these screens to be honest 

I have anti glare by choice it does make a difference, then it depends if you want to look at fine details on the screen because close up it makes a difference.  I find riding and out doors not getting the glare makes a bigger improvement than loss of quality. 

Depends how you use your screen.

45 minutes ago, onesea said:

I have anti glare by choice it does make a difference, then it depends if you want to look at fine details on the screen because close up it makes a difference.  I find riding and out doors not getting the glare makes a bigger improvement than loss of quality. 

Depends how you use your screen.

The screen on the XT is a massive improvement over everything and I don't think anti glare will do anything to be honest 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kind of looking forward to having a weekend where I can actually do something. Every bloody day is the same. My wife's birthday this weekend and normally we'd do something good but this year sweet FA. I f**king HATE THIS!!!!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I'm kind of looking forward to having a weekend where I can actually do something. Every bloody day is the same. My wife's birthday this weekend and normally we'd do something good but this year sweet FA. I f**king HATE THIS!!!!!!!

This sense of frustration is why I decided to build a model railway. Otherwise I'd go stir crazy. Been building the village shop this evening.

IMG_20210126_223039683.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

It was my Wifes a couple of weeks ago. Not only could we not go out, she couldn't even have a takeaway as it was the day all the snow came down so we couldn't get a delivery. I made her Sausage and chips :lol:

• Haha 1

Weekend... same as in the week. Lots and lots of DIY, go for a walk, and check the results from our trail cam, see if we have any good wildlife photos.

For the DIY have a choice of installing insulation, doing some plumbing in the upstairs toilet room, fitting the last cupboard in the utility room.

I did have a project with a mate on his Street Cup. But whilst parts from the States are taking 5 days to arrive bits needed from Germany are now on hold until the end of March because the company has had every consignment sent back due to paperwork. Seamless trade deal my derriere.

24 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I did have a project with a mate on his Street Cup. But whilst parts from the States are taking 5 days to arrive bits needed from Germany are now on hold until the end of March because the company has had every consignment sent back due to paperwork. Seamless trade deal my derriere.

Beware of buying stuff from within the EU, check the price includes UK VAT, as people have had a nasty surprise when having to pay 20% more than the advertised price.

20 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Beware of buying stuff from within the EU, check the price includes UK VAT, as people have had a nasty surprise when having to pay 20% more than the advertised price.

It's all paid for, the problem is that the paperwork doesn't work and no-one seems to know what's meant to happen. They've sent it three times and every time it gets returned saying it needs something else. So they've now suspended all sales to the UK until the end of March in the hope someone can fix it.

6 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

It's all paid for, the problem is that the paperwork doesn't work and no-one seems to know what's meant to happen. They've sent it three times and every time it gets returned saying it needs something else. So they've now suspended all sales to the UK until the end of March in the hope someone can fix it.

Bet that wouldn't happen if it was our vaccines going the other way! Also how come you can import stuff from the US or China without any problems  but  all of a sudden the EU is just one big problem?

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Bet that wouldn't happen if it was our vaccines going the other way! Also how come you can import stuff from the US or China without any problems  but  all of a sudden the EU is just one big problem?

The reason is coz something changed in the relationship we have with the EU on the 1st January, can’t for the life of me think why 🤪

Also it’s the UK legislation that’s causing this, not EU.

5 hours ago, Mickly said:

The reason is coz something changed in the relationship we have with the EU on the 1st January, can’t for the life of me think why 🤪

Also it’s the UK legislation that’s causing this, not EU.

I think you'll  find it's both ends are screwed up. What a surprise!

• Like 1