What you doing this weekend?

rennie

15 minutes ago, husoi said:

With these ones

https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/pel01618/led-light-linkable-4w-313mm-3000k/dp/LA08124

only 4W but in LED's

The 400lumen is measured close to the fitting but still a lot more than the old tubes.

The good thing is they come with connecting cables so you can make series of them interconnected the same way I did 3 in a row.

Thats good value. Need new lighting in a unit. Might give them a go 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Thats good value. Need new lighting in a unit. Might give them a go 👍

They have longer ones with a bit more power that may suit larger areas and not much more expensive.

The cables are around 1m long the mains and around 13cm the interconnecting one.

What I did was to cut the interconnecting and solder the connector to the mains so I had over 1m interconnector :thumb:

• Thanks 1

On 05/02/2021 at 16:15, Steve_M said:

Sound similar to our situation, though we don’t have the limestone. We are about half way up a hill. The guy who fitted our sewage treatment plant last year also installed drainage some years ago. 

We're on top of a hill ... the highest outside of the Peaks in South Yorkshire .... but it’s well drained as the hill has been mined for coal ... a certain amount of subsidence, but reasonably stable. Silverwood Colliery in the valley below sunk the shaft and after 2 years was following the seam uphill !! My wifes great uncle sank the shaft as a lad .... and is still down there after a cave-in in his 40’s ....

• Like 1

NO CHILDREN !!

First weekend in over 12 months with NO CHILDREN !!

We don’t know what to do .... were out of practice at existing as a couple ...

Practice, thats it, .... we’ll have to practice ...... ....:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 4

We watched the rugby yesterday, both matches. Julie had a bath while i did prawn cocktail and chips for dinner. She watched The Masked Singer while i read Cycling in the conservatory then we watched 2 editions of Marcella with a few glasses of wine... then to bed to read ..

Throughout this entire process no one shouted “Grandad, Grandad” or “She’s got my phone” or screamed “Get out of my bedroom” ...

Yes we love them, and we miss them .... but it’s like being on holiday    ....   :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

A brisk 6 mile walk this morning in brilliant sunshine. Then fixed the ventilation system on my wife's car. Next job is to salvage a set of Allen keys I found on the roadside during the walk. (I have loads but when it comes to tools I am a magpie.) Then sorting out the summer houses, particularly the one where I keep my beekeeping equipment as it's trashed. Fish finger butties for lunch.

• Like 1