Draper expert impact driver

pointblank0

Saved me again today when my pad pin covers had seized. This basic bit of kit is a must have for seized screws and torques etc. Well worth the £15 or so, with plenty of spare parts, will last you forever.

Use it before you decide to go through the drilling out process.

http://www.rockshore.uk.com/ekmps/shops/rockshore/images/draper-expert-12-piece-impact-screwdriver-set-4593-p.jpg

• 1 year later...
I have had one for long time and never used it lol, snap on rep said I needed one so I got it im sure it will save me one day

Its one of those tools that you wont need it for a few years, then it will save your bacon.

According to snap-on reps, you need everything lol

Im too poor for snap-on... everything I buy is snap-off! :crybaby:

• 2 years later...

According to snap-on reps, you need everything lol

I need tools that dont break every other time i use them, but snap-on seem fresh out lately

I have several rounded off bolts on my bike that need replacing, so this is best to try first?

Have you tried single hex sockets? What size are they?

I have several rounded off bolts on my bike that need replacing, so this is best to try first?

Have you tried single hex sockets? What size are they?

Not entirely sure on size, and excuse my lack of knowledge, what are single hex sockets? When I say rounded off bolts they are literally rusty and where the Phillips used to go is just a messed up rounded off hole.

what are single hex sockets? When I say rounded off bolts they are literally rusty and where the Phillips used to go is just a messed up rounded off hole.

These are hex sockets

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/400/f9/f95db70a-ff26-4997-b306-e7d2880a025e_400.jpg

Sometimes you can jam one in enough to get a purchase and get a tough screw out. I imagine that is what hooner means.... *awaits to be corrected*

what are single hex sockets? When I say rounded off bolts they are literally rusty and where the Phillips used to go is just a messed up rounded off hole.

These are hex sockets

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/400/f9/f95db70a-ff26-4997-b306-e7d2880a025e_400.jpg

Sometimes you can jam one in enough to get a purchase and get a tough screw out. I imagine that is what hooner means.... *awaits to be corrected*

Always wondered what they are for in my tool set! :) cheers I'll give those a go first.

If you have a Jap bike a must buy is a set of JIS screwdrivers!

Jap screws are different to ours and our screwdrivers cam out too easily and chew them up!

JIS (Japanese industry standard) screwdrivers are great but they aren't cheap!