Street Triple

GingerCat

Well what can I say that hasn't already been said about this bike. It just is the most fun on you can have on 2 wheels. I bought my bike new a year or so before the new style squarish headlights came out so mine has the round lights which I actually prefer. It has Arrow cans the bikini screen, belly pan and some carbon bits I bought to improve its good looks. Mine is black and is the basic (none R) model.

What I love about the bike is the sound of the engine as you wind it on, the acceleration and the fact it's very torquey. It handles superbly too and stops on a sixpence.

A couple of months ago, I had the voltage regulator replaced which was as a result of a recall from Triumph. My old one never actually caused a problem, but I did read about several people where this item had failed so was glad to have it replaced. All my bikes are garaged and never used in the winter so it still looks like new. It's going to need a new back tyre soon as the existing one is starting to be a problem.

If you have spare cash, space in your garage and are a fun lover then I recommend this bike. As journalists have said over and over, this bike is light years ahead of its competition and I absolutely agree with them

Did it look like this?

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o523/WHiteGixer/Street%20Triple/2012-11-29200219_zpscd530e68.jpg

This spends most of its life sat in a garage where I work covered in dust. Nothing wrong with it, just the guy who owns it has little time to ride it.

I'm waiting till he's in need of cash then I'll pounce :lol: :lol:

https://picasaweb.google.com/107012572732572482506/Trumpet?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyHzMrm1L38vwE

I took mine on a holiday to Germany with my Suzuki owners club friends and they loved the sound of the engine. I forgot to mention in my review that I hate the fact there's no centre stand. I had to buy a paddock stand just to adjust the chain. This is ok providing you only go on shortish trips. How can you adjust the chain or clean the back wheel without the stand???

Also a minor moan, there's no fuel gauge, just a light. But these are just minor things and I still love my bike.

Hopefully you can see the trumpet, thats her above taken just now.

I don't think most newer bikes have a center stand do they?

Paddock stands all the way for me.

As for a fuel gauge, that's a bit pants. Still, no better gauge than opening the tank flap and looking before any ride.

I don't think most newer bikes have a center stand do they?

Paddock stands all the way for me.

As for a fuel gauge, that's a bit pants. Still, no better gauge than opening the tank flap and looking before any ride.

My Beemer has a center stand and thats a new bike. But anyway how do you manage on a very long trip, away from home without a paddock stand. I am just curious.

As i said these are minor moans,and don't detract from what is one of the best bikes out there

I see you're from Leeds :D

That's where I'm from originally :cheers:

• 5 months later...

How do you find the added on small wind deflector screen , does it reduce any wind blast? How many miles do you tend to get out of the bike once the low fuel warning light comes on? I am thinking of buying an 09 street triple but these points and the stories of poor battery performance are holding me back.

How do you find the added on small wind deflector screen , does it reduce any wind blast? How many miles do you tend to get out of the bike once the low fuel warning light comes on? I am thinking of buying an 09 street triple but these points and the stories of poor battery performance are holding me back.

I can't answer for the Street Triple....but I have a Speed Triple which is quite similar..... :wink:

The fly screen does deflect some of the wind....but TBH it's a naked bike.....if you want to get rid of most of the wind battering you'd be better off with a tourer...... :)

The low fuel warning light on mine comes on between 120-150 miles......but I think it's best to try to find a garage as soon as it comes on rather than risk running out of fuel.....I've done around 35 miles on mine with the fuel light on....but I was starting to get a bit nervous...... :wink:

Poor battery performance I've not heard of on the Street Triple.....but you'll probably find many of these bikes are laid up over the winter....and if you don't keep the bike on a battery conditioner you can have problems......and also the OP said that there was a factory recall to replace the Reg/Rec......so if there are bikes out there where this hasn't been done they may suffer from these probs..... 8-)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have just put a deposit on a 2010 street triple. It will be my first big bike. I am so chuffin excited! Has anyone got any tips on what extras to add or any quirks to look out for ( it has belly pan, fly screen, short levers and seat cowl.)

• 3 weeks later...