'08 CBR 1000RR Tyres?!

buddy13

Ok I have got Bridgestone's 016 fitted to the bike at the moment...

They have worn down in the middle to the replace marks. I am going to go for a new set and the more I read and speak to owners of various brands the more I become confused :| . I do not have any criticism for my Bridgestones 016 but since I am going for a new set I want to make sure I get the best I can afford :D .

Prices are somewhat crazy here in Malta (EU) so I have decided to buy online. I have been suggested an online retailer. I have searched long and hard and I think I found a decent online seller :wink: . I have narrowed my choice to one of these:

- Metzeler M5 = 230 Euros

- Diablo Supercorsa SP = 270 Euros

- Michelin Power Pure = 220 Euros

At the moment I am heavily leaning towards Michelin power one. I ride mainly fast street with some touring and maybe 1-2 track session/year. Tarmac here is not very abrasive and sticky so I need soft tyres that grip. Longevity is not that much of an issue as I only ride 2000-3000 miles a year if that.

I absolutely LOVE to lean hard so a tyre with very soft, grippy sides will be my first choice. Thanks for any help in advance :D .

PS: Can you suggest any good online sellers that have good prices & ship to Malta? Thanks again :wink: !

Suppose it depends what you can get if you found the 016's ok I can recommend the BT 023's, had them on a year and found them excellent.

Another vote for BT023 from me :cheers:

They are dual compound tyres, harder wearing in the middle for good mileage, and softer on the sides where you need the grip...

Thanks for your replies guys :cheers: ...

Actually the 023 is not available from this online seller. You have a good source? My friend has the 020 on his K8 GSX-R 1000 and loves them to bits...

Another note is I never drive in the wet/rain.

Thanks for your replies guys :cheers: ...

Actually the 023 is not available from this online seller. You have a good source? My friend has the 020 on his K8 GSX-R 1000 and loves them to bits...

Another note is I never drive in the wet/rain.

I got mine from eBay, but then later found that the place i went to get them fitted could have sold them to me cheaper (including fitting costs)

so internet is not always the cheapest..