Subscription free tracker

Guest gchaddy

Motorcycle tracker from eBay MVT100

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359794319.129024.jpg.0ee9e1f7db3e465fcc414517e80eb229.jpg

I bought one at the beginning of last year for my wife's GSXR for £75 this is some piece of kit. Very easy to fit and I just fitted a pay as you go orange sim

This gives an accurate location even when the bike is sat in the garage which has a steel roof this still located within about 6mtrs. It's packed with features like movement sensors geofence ectr

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359794319.129024.jpg[/attachment]

I bought one at the beginning of last year for my wife's GSXR for £75 this is some piece of kit. Very easy to fit and I just fitted a pay as you go orange sim

This gives an accurate location even when the bike is sat in the garage which has a steel roof this still located within about 6mtrs. It's packed with features like movement sensors geofence ectr

nice looking device. There was someone who bought similar a while back and it was discussed that because it isn't fitted with GPS (the guy who bought the other one bought it under the assumption it did, but took it apart and there wasn't one) that it works off signals broadcast from phone masts to tell roughly where the device is, so you will never get a specific location, just a rough estimate.

I mean, don't get me wrong, telling the police it is in this or that rough area is much better than saying it could be anywhere, and it will give you something to go on if you think its been dumped somewhere, but the potential draw back with this system is - I am under the impression that if you dont use a sim card for a certain length of time, even if it has credit on it, the phone company will deactivate the sim and register your phone number to someone elses sim when they buy a new card/phone. So make sure it still works, and send a text from it every few months or something, just to prove its still active.

That is also why I never bothered with putting an old phone under the seat of my bike, because in a few years I will come to use it and realise it doesnt work lol

Saying that though, I dont really want to put a downer on things, so have you tested it out?How accurate is it? What sort of info does it give?

I've have two trackers. Now the one on my bike was 3times the price it does work but from a cold start the GPS takes a while to warm up and give an accurate location. Both devices have gps module inside if there is a problem with a GPS signal then they drop back to using the triangulation method . Like you say triangulation. Does not give a good accurate location but even this is better than nothing. The device in question. As standard. If asked by means of a phone call replys to you via text with a link to google maps .

You can ask the device for more info by means of SMS codes. Only mobile numbers that are programmed in to the unit will respond. On a orange pay as you go SIM card credit will stay on for 9mth. Not like this an issue as the wife forgets and the bike gets knocked and activates the shock sensor

Apart from that. Putting £5 credit on it every couple of month. Is a small price to pay. This unit also had a very low current draw as the unit can be set to drop in to sleep mode at a user predefined time. Once the unit is in sleep mode. From activation by either movement ignition or location request the unit wakes and sends location in under 30 seconds.

Pretty good for a £75 quid unit

The unit on my bike. Has be no ware near as accurate or reliable and I am on my 3 replacement unit now. And this is currently. In the region of £350

No brainier if you ask me

Good find, what is it called or what search terms did you use. Cheers.

I've been told! Lol

Looks like a good buy then, glad you've done your homework :D

Wasn't ment to sound. Like that. Lol. I'm not the best at putting down text Ye so far it's worked flawless

Good find, what is it called or what search terms did you use. Cheers.

Search mvt100. Or motorcycle tracker. Just look for the bright red one

Just to add its made by. Meitrack. There support is good to. Just drop them an email. And I got a response with in a day. There based in the USA. Just one point. If you do get one of thease units. And fit it to a motorcycle. Don't set the crash sensor. This is more for cars vans ect. If set when on a bike you will get a text from the unit when your riding Every time you hit a bump or a pot hole. And let's face it there are plenty about