street triple r 2013 (new model )

stewslash

I bought the bike new from bill smiths in chester having been on a gsf 600 s (bandit)

what model

2013 stret triple r

milage

Extras

Fly Screen

OEM LED Indictors

The seems to be a few reviews on here for this bike in its older versions so i will just point out the differences between the two from what i can make out

standard equipment on 2013 that wasnt on 2012

Immobiliser

Digital Fuel Gauge

Trip Computer with range /overall mpg/ instant mpg

optional equipment that wasn't available on 2012 model

ABS

Tyre pressure monitors

i have rode the previous -2012 model and i am 100 miles into the engine break-in and so far my initial impressions so far!

engine

Absolutely bags or torque even though i havent been over 5k revs yet due to breake-in, it will pull like hell in any gear and had a lovely tone to it with a deep growl under hard acceleration that the previous model didn't have, the gearbox feels really tight and precise

It does have a taller first gear over the -2012 models which make the bike less willing to wheelie off the throttle but i can live with that

Tickover is quiet high but i am putting that down to being on break-in map

Suspension/Handling/Brakes

Apparently the 2013 model had a revised frame,swing-arm and lighter rear brakes but to be honest i didn't really notice much difference between the -2012 model and the 2013- model,, but compered to my bandit it feels like a feather, its so much lighter and much more flickable into the corners

I am still a novice rider and the confidence the bike gives me is 10 fold over my old bandit , i feel really comfortable leaning it over into a corner on a crappy cold winters day, much more than i ever did on a hot summers day last year on the bandit

The brakes are great they are really powerful and more or less feel the same as the -2012 model but i feel the initial bite on the front brake of my bike a tad harsh but this might calm down after the pads have fully bedded in

Styling

Although this is my personal opinion i much prefer the new model styling i think ditching the twin under seat exhaust for the single underslung exhaust is a winner and the new rad cowels give the bike a more aggressive look

Good Points

that torquey engine, no up and down the box in town traffic like i was with the bandit

feather like weight that just inspires confidence

really comfortable riding position

mega powerful brakes

Updated more modern styling

Added fuel gauge over the -2012 model

bad points

very little in the way of wind protection even with the fly screen

switch gear is unchanged and indicators can be a bit awkward

new style mirrors dont give great rear view

would it get another

yes if it was to be stolen yes i would be straight down the dealers to get another

as the bike isnt run-in yet i will report back after first service :D

pic was before led indicators where fitted, tail tidy , crash bungs and paddock stand bobbins to come :lol:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x408/stewslash/IMG_1773_zpsa171299d.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

How you getting on with the bike?

I really do love the look of the new Street Triple R and would of bought one. But the bike aint practical for me as i would need to get a top box for it, and that would look horrible on the bike. So i bought a Tiger 800XC instead, as you can see in my review.

How many miles do you get on a full tank?

• 2 weeks later...
How you getting on with the bike?

I really do love the look of the new Street Triple R and would of bought one. But the bike aint practical for me as i would need to get a top box for it, and that would look horrible on the bike. So i bought a Tiger 800XC instead, as you can see in my review.

How many miles do you get on a full tank?

loving the bike mate, i had 600 bandit before this and the power and wight difference is unreal and i haven't been able to ring its neck yet due to run in period

• 10 months later...