Jump to content

New Laws Need Help!

Guest Adkin

Recommended Posts

hi everyone i am 16 at the moment coming up to 17, i passed my cbt before the new laws came in so does this mean i only have to ride a 125 for a year before i can move on or still two years? and if it is two years can i ride a year on my cbt then get an a1 licence when my cbt runs out and that counts as 2 years?

any help would be much appreciated thanks :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're on CBT you're on a 125 on L plates until you pass a test.

At 17 you can do the test on a 125 but all that allows you to do is take the L plates off, take a pillion and go on motorways, you're still on a 125

At 19 you can sit the test on a 400 but you'll have to redo your CBT before then. You don't have to have done the first test before you can do this one.

That's when the 2 year timer starts. It's 24 or 2 years after you pass your A2 test, whichever happens sooner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Welcome to The Motorbike Forum.

    Sign in or register an account to join in.

  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Please Sign In or Sign Up