Upgrading indicators from bulbs to LEDs

XmisterIS

One of my rear indicators is knackered - it leaks and is getting increasingly rusty inside (I only just found out because the bulb went pop and I've just taken it to bits).

So for the meantime, I've put a cheap bulb in from Halfords, but I want to upgrade to superbright LED indicators.

The question is, can I just take the old indicators off and put LED ones straight on without any mods, or do I need to fit a different relay and resistor for each indicator?

Never done it on a bike, but when my mate did it to his clio they were just straight replacements, no changes needed other than the bulb

in the process of doing this to my R1. 4xLED indicators costs £16 and a relay was £12.

you can buy LED indicators with resistors already fitted but i chose to place my trust in a relay rather than a 2p resistor. personal choice.