Nuclear-strength weedkiller?

XmisterIS

I want to totally nuke my driveway. I used to have a big tub of some sort of weedkiller based on sodium chlorate, but apparently that has now been banned, so now that I've run out I can't get anymore. It was good stuff and would kill pretty much anything within a five mile radius. What can I get nowadays that is as good as the old stuff?

A trowel, knee pad and a bucket. Then as weeds start to reappear any old weedkiller like Roundup. But nothing beats actual weeding, which you have to at some point with weedkiller and pick up the dead ones. .

Sounds like you would have fun with this

http://www.gardenoasis.co.uk/images/Parasene/Weed_Wand.jpg

and burn the f***ers! Otherwise Roundup Path clear or even boiling water as that destroys the structure of the plant and you see it shrivel up and can imagine it screaming as it dies :twisted:

Have I gone too far........

Edited by Throttled

Or do your spraying qualis and get access to some lovely chemicals like grazon :twisted: Admittedly we do it on an industrial scale, but it should be suitable for driveways.

What kind of weeds are you wanting to exterminate? The usual dandies, thistles and nettles?

Or do your spraying qualis and get access to some lovely chemicals like grazon :twisted: Admittedly we do it on an industrial scale, but it should be suitable for driveways.

What kind of weeds are you wanting to exterminate? The usual dandies, thistles and nettles?

And moss ... I've bought some patio moss killer off Amazon, it is well rated by buyers, so I am hoping for good results!

Incidentally, I did find some sodium chlorate crystals on EBay, but they were from Uzbekistan, or somewhere like that, and the advert was written by Borat.

roundup is the strongest weedkiller that you can buy from a shop, anything stronger than that you have to have a license to use and buy and work for a company with reason to use it. buy the concentrate stuff then just dont dilute it. just dont get it anywhere near grass or anything you want to stay living.

those parasene blowtorches are pretty good too and much easier on the back. Though like someone pointed out, you will eventually have to get down there and pick out the corpses.

I got some stuff from the garden centre.

Wanted to kill weeds but not the lawn.

Use this the guy said, but be very careful. There was Posion signs all over it, don't use it near fish ponds, streams or let it get in any water course.

Keep pets off the lawn for 24 hours, wear gloves etc etc.

Anyway you mix the stuff 15 Milliliters to 5 liters and that will do 10 sq meters ( the last bit i forgot to read)

I've put enough stuff on my garden to clear Wembley stadium :shock:

Weedol lawn weedkiller its called. But if its for your drive just use Roundup or burn the feckers

A trowel, knee pad and a bucket. Then as weeds start to reappear any old weedkiller like Roundup. But nothing beats actual weeding, which you have to at some point with weedkiller and pick up the dead ones. .

I agree totally, its the only way. As soon as you clear weeds pores spread and more grow :/ good luck!