Ear plugs that stay in

I had about 6 ear plugs given to me by my brother when I bought his Fazer off him in April and have used them all enough now so decided to get myself some more.

However, the ones I bought come out far too soon so are pointless having them there in the first place so I want to get some different ones but don't know which would be best. I don't know if helmets are supposed to help keep them in or not.

Can anyone recommend ear plugs that actually stay in for longer than a few minutes please?

Thanks

John

Best ones are the moulded ones I hate that I've lost mine!

But you just have to try some others and find what works I like the ear ones that are harder you squash and they expand, I can't use the ones stu does to me there shit lol

Yeah you have to be quick with the ones I use and they are the same make techno :lol:

The ones I use actually are the best ones for noise reduction this has been tested too but if you don't fit them right they are shit

They give 37db of noise reduction compared to my moulded ones at 25db

Sounds to me like your not putting them in properly

I have used loads of different ones and never had a problem at all

I put them into my ears and press them until I can't see them anymore. I don't know what else to do with them :?

Do you not squeeze them together? A little bit of spit on the end helps them in too also pull the top rear of your ear up and back slightly this straightens the ear canal so they go in easy

Squeeze and roll them in your fingers you need to do the to at least 2 thirds of the plug its best doing it when they are cold too and be quick as if they heat up they expand quicker and makes it harder to get in

Mine always fall out.

So i have to wear a balacalver to help keep then in.

Plus it helps to keep your helmet cleaner from Sweat as you just throw the balacalver in the washing machine.

I am so glad this forum exists so that stupid people (me) can ask stupid questions.

Stu, you were right. I was putting them in wrongly.

So tonight for my ride home, I squeezed them till they were thin and stuck them further down into my ear and, hey presto, they stayed in.

I didn't occur to me that they were supposed to expand in my ear canal :!:

The journey down the A11 was quieter inside my helmet than I've ever known it

I used these when I had my bike (and still use them if I'm struggling to get to sleep)

http://alpineearplugs.com/

Bloody amazing! I got mine from Hein Gherick for about £20 and have had them 4 years.

To clean them they get a good soak in a glass washing up liquid. Not tried them in the washing machine for fear of losing them

The great thing about these is that you don't feel like you're in a goldfish bowl like the throw away ones

since fitting the "Whisper strip" to my helmet, ive not bothered with earplugs much apart from long rides.

i highly recommend everyone with a shoei helmet to fit a whisper strip!!

since fitting the "Whisper strip" to my helmet, ive not bothered with earplugs much apart from long rides.

i highly recommend everyone with a shoei helmet to fit a whisper strip!!

I have a whisper kit on my xr1100, it does help a lot but still use ear plugs. I use Moldex pocket pak ones. Couple if quid for two pairs. I have really narrow ear canals and I have found these the best for comfort and fit.

I am so glad this forum exists so that stupid people (me) can ask stupid questions.

Stu, you were right. I was putting them in wrongly.

So tonight for my ride home, I squeezed them till they were thin and stuck them further down into my ear and, hey presto, they stayed in.

I didn't occur to me that they were supposed to expand in my ear canal :!:

The journey down the A11 was quieter inside my helmet than I've ever known it

don't worry. The first time I ever tried them, they fell out after a minute, and during that minute they didnt block out any noise. I thought they were broken, turns out it was just me that was broken haha

• 2 weeks later...

moldex spark plug (ear plugs) i find the best

20 packs of ebay for around £3.

or if you need something bigger, the Howard Leight Max ear plug is very good also.

Stu's description of fitting was spot on!

Whatever turns you on moo :lol:

"Squeeze them together"

"a little bit of spit on the ends"

"pull the rear and straighten your canal so it goes in easy"

"Squeeze and roll them in your finger"

"its best doing it when they are cold too and be quick as if they heat up they expand quicker and makes it harder to get in"

:shock: :lol:

Whatever turns you on moo :lol:

"Squeeze them together"

"a little bit of spit on the ends"

"pull the rear and straighten your canal so it goes in easy"

"Squeeze and roll them in your finger"

"its best doing it when they are cold too and be quick as if they heat up they expand quicker and makes it harder to get in"

:shock: :lol:

Oh dear....that ride as a pillion has really done things to you hasn't it... :whip:

Stu's description of fitting was spot on!

Stu's description was borderline erotic!! :shock:

there's just no other way to describe it, that's exactly how you're supposed to do it! althought i leave out the spit bit, a good hard push normally gets them all the way in...

:seeya:

mine goes in dry.

HAHA! Same! That's why I found the descriptiveness of it unbelievable! I don't use them for biking but I did when I worked as an entertainments officer at uni, often in the loud club nights by the speakers - I squeezed em and shoved em in, job done! Not this whole spit and stretching canal and rolling and wet and warm and hard malarkey :lol: