I'm off to visit my brother in London in a little over a week! Having only driven a car twice in that disastrous city I really do not know my way about and as such need sat nav!

I was thinking of using my iPhone's sat nav but would like to be able to mount it on my bike (securely and safely, I'd rather not smash it) so I can see my route rather than listen to directions and potentially miss them and end up completely lost.

Opinions and suggestions welcomed :3some:

it does look rather tempting, I didn't even consider getting a waterproof one, bit of an oversight :)

I shall look at it again tomorrow just in case I get buyer remorse related dreams!

So I'll not mention a charger as well...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Waterproof is good and I started off looking at a box rather than a cradle as it only has to rattle itself loose at 70*COUGH*mph on the motorway once...

If you get something like Tango's just given you the link to then you can get a charger plug in but only the small ones. A lot of the third party chargers have much bigger connectors than the original Apple ones, Apple go for form over function but the wire isn't held as well in the connector (I have an iPhone and 2 charger leads mummified in gaffa tape to try and keep them together but the case I have for my phone has a very specific sized opening for the original charger plug as well)

Look up powerlink, they do a waterproof USB socket and associated iPhone lead that is the right size to fit in those cases.

If you don't have a convenient bar to mount that to look at RAM mounts, they do a brilliant range of kit to mount them on your bike.

Got this one on mine works a treat, complete with power supply.

http://www.ultimate-mobiles.co.uk/Consu ... motorcycle

Chris.....is it waterproof? I've been looking at these and I actually bought one that is supposed to be waterproof to IPX7.......but it's turned up and has IPX4 on the box.....which basically means it's OK for light rain showers and accidental splashing......whereas IPX7 would be ok for accidental submersion of up to 1M for 30 mins...... :) So....have you tried yours out in the wet mate?....and how did it fare..... :)

Got this one on mine works a treat, complete with power supply.

http://www.ultimate-mobiles.co.uk/Consu ... motorcycle

Chris.....is it waterproof? I've been looking at these and I actually bought one that is supposed to be waterproof to IPX7.......but it's turned up and has IPX4 on the box.....which basically means it's OK for light rain showers and accidental splashing......whereas IPX7 would be ok for accidental submersion of up to 1M for 30 mins...... :) So....have you tried yours out in the wet mate?....and how did it fare..... :)

To be honest no, but as it say's on the tin waterproof to IPX4 l would go with that hopefully we won't have to test it :roll: . Off to Holland in a couple of weeks for the GP so it's going to get a run out no matter what! The mount for the case is a brill bit of kit, what l will say is, the case is very well made with a strong snap shut lid onto an O ring seal the same go's for electrical connections. The unit is up and running with my music google sat nav rendering my expensive but now old Garmin surplus to requirements. Garmin can now spin as my old unit was working fine but they have discontinued updating the maps all they said was its time l brought a new unit. Will keep you posted

I went with Mr Tango's suggestion, just waiting for it to arrive :) I don't really have a need for a charger at this point in time, thanks for the suggestions regardless though!
I think you will need to get a power supply from your bike to your I phone. With the unit in GPS mode and the screen constantly lit your l phone battery will soon be rinsed.

I went with Mr Tango's suggestion, just waiting for it to arrive :) I don't really have a need for a charger at this point in time, thanks for the suggestions regardless though!
I think you will need to get a power supply from your bike to your I phone. With the unit in GPS mode and the screen constantly lit your l phone battery will soon be rinsed.

Yeah....gotta agree with Chris here......GPS drains the phone battery like nobody's business......and a hard wired charger to the bike battery is not that expensive and fairly easy to fit..... 8-)