Nob of the Day.......

Tango

15 minutes ago, Pie man said:

How do you explain that to the boss 

Years ago I worked for a company that was situated on farm land (the barn had been converted into an office and the boss lived in the farm house)

One of the engineers decided it would be fun to drive his car around the fields which were on a steep decline. You guessed it, once he got to the bottom his car wasn't able to make the climb back up :lol:

I always wondered how he explained that one to the boss who had to tow him out with his Landrover 😂

I am going to nominate 2 people and a dog!
First Person the guy in the key cutting/ engraving shop I needed to get a key cut.  Saw he dog tags went to ask about price got preached to about the law on tags. Him saying "when I hit your dog with my car, it needs a tag so I know who to claim damages from".  I paid for the keys and left.
My misses and our hound, who today given a cows trachea to chew on walked round wimpering then brought it to us to brake up (he does this with bones to) as its to tough for him to chew.
IMG_20200412_174206_6.thumb.jpg.f47b040b1bec91514a50cf43837fcf24.jpg
Where as his smaller counter part munched through with delight:
IMG_20210313_002434_8.thumb.jpg.84d510eec45a3d81aa4dedee87ec4e9d.jpg

Oh and the other person, my misses for teaching the hound to be such a freakin WIMP.

Edited by onesea
  • Haha 2

Herpes an old favourite but I got caught out did not see they where courier or would not of ordered:
image.thumb.png.5389295346b64c4c6987cd62a0c18200.png
2h17m notice they where delivering on a Bank Holiday Saturday, apparently our porch is not a safe place, cannot request next delivery day so I guess I will request money back when they cannot deliver...

Told him to check that no one else had any conflicting plans for him or my Grandson on the Saturday - “no, no everything’s all good” so I coughed up £68 of tickets & grandstand seats.

Just had a txt …. “It’s our 1st anniversary on that day”

FFS !!

I’ve told him to book something for the late evening… watch this space 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

We have a large lime tree right by the gate which blocks the view of traffic coming down the hill. It doesn't help that we're on a blind bend as well. So when the leaves start to sprout from the base of the trunk and block the view even more I take my Stihl electric hedge cutter to them.

First mistake - going right round the tree and chopping the power cable in half.

Second mistake - grabbing the severed end of the power cable with wet hands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

At least you are still alive to call yourself a nob!! :shock:

My old electric trimmer only had about a metre worth of cable due to all the times I kept cutting through it! :oops:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I would - but the hedge is between 6-8 feet high and runs round three sides of the house. It is a two day job to tackle it when it needs trimming.

That sounds like one huge hedge! 

Leaving my phone at a customer site, get home to a voicemail from said customer who was busy laughing at my mistake (we get on quite well).

Well at least it wont be putting me off my DAS training tomorrow. Silver lining and all that. ;)

10 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Second mistake - grabbing the severed end of the power cable with wet hands.

Makes me feel better, I shocked myself yesterday...

Doing a bit of plumbing....

1 hour ago, onesea said:

Makes me feel better, I shocked myself yesterday...

Doing a bit of plumbing....

With an electric eel? 🤣

1 hour ago, Bender said:

Do tell 😂 

You really don't want to know...

Having had slug and rodent issues, slugs we delt be with with salt under kitchen cabinets...

Rodents poison, then traps and dogs much more effective. 

So replacing plastic pipe with brass and adjusting pipework (including an outside warm wash hose for the dogs) I find myself with cuts on hands rolling in a wet salty brine finding a loose cable.

Turns out a rodents left a final gift chewed insulation, let's just say I put my finger on the mark.

• Haha 7

8 hours ago, onesea said:

You really don't want to know...

Having had slug and rodent issues, slugs we delt be with with salt under kitchen cabinets...

Rodents poison, then traps and dogs much more effective. 

So replacing plastic pipe with brass and adjusting pipework (including an outside warm wash hose for the dogs) I find myself with cuts on hands rolling in a wet salty brine finding a loose cable.

Turns out a rodents left a final gift chewed insulation, let's just say I put my finger on the mark.

Is at times like these you wished you had recorded it...

Worth £250 for sure 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

ME!!! Went to Wickes  to see what they had in the way of plywood and cls timber bloody expensive now, anyway coming out put some stuff I bought into the panniers and then my thought process went on to my tea and thinking call in for a kebab on the way home, set off with a crunch and a grinding halt I forgot about the disc lock, that was totally destroyed as well as my brake caliper completely fooked, took it if to try and weld it where it had sheared off but no sooner started ran out of welding wire :bang:

• Sad 5

Ouch.

Happened to me once when I had the Africa Twin.

Fortunately I was leaving right and didn't went fast resulting in just dropping the bike.

Since then all my locks have that horrible looking yellow spring. :thumb: 

• Like 1