Nob of the Day.......

Tango

On 07/06/2021 at 13:17, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I would - but the hedge is between 6-8 feet high and runs round three sides of the house. It is a two day job to tackle it when it needs trimming.

I have Stihl cordless kit bought when I was gardening professionally (well, being paid for it 😉).  My hedge trimmer will cut for around 90 -120 minutes on a single charge, and I have two batteries. Each battery takes less than an hour to charge. 

• Like 1

Had a strange incident a couple of weeks back, riding to work on the bike. On the road between Willingham and Rampton (Cambs) there are a couple of bends, the second of which is to the left and has a field entrance on the outside of the bend. as I approach I catch up with a couple of cars moving slowly behind a tractor and large trailer. The tractor slows to a crawl on the LH bend, can't see his indicators but it's pretty obvious he's going to turn right onto the farm track. We all slow to next to nothing and the tractor begins to turn. Up from behind comes a car quite fast, decides to overtake everyone on the bend, makes it past me and the other two cars but by now the tractor is halfway across the road and the car screeches to a halt. I can see a woman inside with youngster in the passenger seat. Of course she is now trapped on the wrong side of the road and as the back of the trailer clears our lane the two cars move off passing her on the inside as she revs her engine and makes little lurches forward. Not wanting to be squished if she thinks she can squeeze out as I pass (there is by now several cars queuing behind me) I give way to her and let her return to the LH side of the road to carry on. As she does so it is ME she makes angry gestures and mouths curses at!

Once clear of the trailer she proceeds to attempt to overtake the original two cars and is forced to brake and swerve back in by oncoming traffic.

Hope the kid got to school ok......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Me..... thinking I'd be able to get a sensible quote for something around 700cc! By all accounts my 1 year of riding counts for nothing as I've only just got my full license! 🤔🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Sad 1

My local garage.

A few months back I took my car in for a tyre repair, during which they badly scratched my (recently refurbished) alloy. They agreed to fix it and after much pissing about, avoiding calls and general lollygagging they took the wheel in on Monday.

I've just got it back and it looks like a spastic has had a go at it with a rattle can. Apparently it has been stripped and recoated but it's not even the right colour!

3 hours ago, Mr Fro said:

My local garage.

A few months back I took my car in for a tyre repair, during which they badly scratched my (recently refurbished) alloy. They agreed to fix it and after much pissing about, avoiding calls and general lollygagging they took the wheel in on Monday.

I've just got it back and it looks like a spastic has had a go at it with a rattle can. Apparently it has been stripped and recoated but it's not even the right colour!

That`s appalling are you able to take the wheel to the garage and show it to them?

I would be very interested if they try to defend themselves.

Cheers

Ian

7 hours ago, ttxela said:

Had a strange incident a couple of weeks back, riding to work on the bike. On the road between Willingham and Rampton (Cambs) there are a couple of bends, the second of which is to the left and has a field entrance on the outside of the bend. as I approach I catch up with a couple of cars moving slowly behind a tractor and large trailer. The tractor slows to a crawl on the LH bend, can't see his indicators but it's pretty obvious he's going to turn right onto the farm track. We all slow to next to nothing and the tractor begins to turn. Up from behind comes a car quite fast, decides to overtake everyone on the bend, makes it past me and the other two cars but by now the tractor is halfway across the road and the car screeches to a halt. I can see a woman inside with youngster in the passenger seat. Of course she is now trapped on the wrong side of the road and as the back of the trailer clears our lane the two cars move off passing her on the inside as she revs her engine and makes little lurches forward. Not wanting to be squished if she thinks she can squeeze out as I pass (there is by now several cars queuing behind me) I give way to her and let her return to the LH side of the road to carry on. As she does so it is ME she makes angry gestures and mouths curses at!

Once clear of the trailer she proceeds to attempt to overtake the original two cars and is forced to brake and swerve back in by oncoming traffic.

Hope the kid got to school ok......

See similar things over here, lots of country lanes,  I always think to myself I’m glad I wasn’t coming in the opposite direction.  Riding country roads a lot has  made me ride more defensively than I ever did when living in a city!  Could also be something to do with getting older although not to sure about the wiser bit…..

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Someone on a GSXR this morning in Rugby.

They are resurfacing some of the roads round here, not just sprinkling a bit of gravel on the road, but scraping the whole top 6 inches or so, exposing all the drain covers as lumps in the road, potholes and stones everywhere. You have to drive along real slow swerving around all these hazards. Mr Gixxer thought it was a good place to gun his bike almost to the point of picking the front wheel up.

And to cap it all,he was only wearing shorts and no gloves.

Nuts.....

1 hour ago, Bianco2564 said:

Someone on a GSXR this morning in Rugby.

They are resurfacing some of the roads round here, not just sprinkling a bit of gravel on the road, but scraping the whole top 6 inches or so, exposing all the drain covers as lumps in the road, potholes and stones everywhere. You have to drive along real slow swerving around all these hazards. Mr Gixxer thought it was a good place to gun his bike almost to the point of picking the front wheel up.

And to cap it all,he was only wearing shorts and no gloves.

Nuts.....

Twat doesn`t quite cover it lol.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

Yesterday evening, I hear lots of scraping noises outside our front window, then my bike alarm goes off,

I go outside and a woman has forced her way past my car (parked close to the wall dividing our drive from the neighbour's, to allow the other flat space to park on the left) and is now hacking away at a buddlea bush growing out of the wall where it meets the house.. piling up all the branches beside but mostly on my car, and barging my motorbike as she's doing it (which is parked right in front of the car).

Apparently she was our property agent's mum, neighbour had complained this bush was blocking light to her window.. so why didn't she at least knock so I could move the car & bike!?🙄

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Speaking from experience it rather stings! Like being tear gassed or pepper sprayed! Not that I have any experience of the latter of course.

Chilli in the eyes is worse than CS incapacitant and Pava!

• Like 1

I nearly did that with my phone. I was fitting a new battery, and the old has to be removed via a sticky tape attachment which tore, so I used the plastic device that's used to take the back off to pry the battery out. The corner of the battery cover ripped and the battery went up like a distress flare. I managed to drop the phone in the sink and turned the tap on, which put out the fire but destroyed the phone

The Yamaha dealer I stopped at today looking for a handlebar bag to store my phone whilst riding. Whilst talking with the parts/service person, I said that I was looking to replace the exhaust for something a little louder (re commuting into central London) and he mentioned that a deal might be had on an underbike Akrapovic (Yam Tracer 700). I said that I wanted the model that sits underneth the bike and not the model that has the backbox going up the side of the bike. So I go home and pick the car up and get back to the dealer.

I get the exhaust home and start unboxing like a kid at Christmas and guess what version they gave me! Yeap the one that goes up the side of the rear wheel! Gave them a call and he was in the workshop and they'd give me a call back!

There I was looking at going for a ride to get the ECU used to the exhaust change before riding into London which is mostly traffic light grad prix central.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

How about the guy who rode down to Glen Etive last Saturday. Once there he found he had a slow puncture in his rear tyre. Managed to get back to the A82 and tried to phone his breakdown insurer to find he hadn’t renewed his cover last year. 

I am that biker. 

Many thanks to the two bikers who helped me out. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Nearly got taken out this morning by a coucil driver, the stupid twat approaching a roundabout didn't even slow down, pissing it down with rain, the only thing I could do was get on the horn and just pray he hit the anchors in time, anyway i'm still here :lol:

• Like 1

On 27/09/2021 at 10:21, Steve_M said:

How about the guy who rode down to Glen Etive last Saturday. Once there he found he had a slow puncture in his rear tyre. Managed to get back to the A82 and tried to phone his breakdown insurer to find he hadn’t renewed his cover last year. 

I am that biker. 

Many thanks to the two bikers who helped me out. 

Great place tto be stuck in all fairness 😂 

• Haha 1

Not a nob of the day story but a knocking on a door late at night story.

Couple of years ago, got up about 2am for the loo, heard some voices/moaning noises out the front, looked out the landing window to see a body on the pavement two houses up. Get some clothes on ,go to investigate and find a male neighbour, p1ssed as a f@rt slumped on the path. Go to his house and knock on the door to wake his Mrs up, lights come on and she opens the door butt naked obviously thinking it was her old man.

We have never spoke about it since ...... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to highlight 20 plus of them...  

On Castle lane East Bournemouth yesterday, the main road to the local hospital.

Standing on the side of the road with placards, some dressed as death with scythes, all anti-vaxers a but dramatic but fair enough. 

A peace full demonstration, all socially distanced spread along the road. 

None of them wearing masks to hide there identity, except the ones dressed as death.

No one blocking pavements or the road.

By looks all the majority 50 plus certainly non less than 40 (unless they had very hard paper rounds). Eg at the age where the risks from COVID become significant,

All well and good then an Ambulance went passed, heads shaking and atleast one thumbs down to the Ambulance Crew.

The effect it had on me?

Simple I am no more or less Pro or against the vaccination.  However I have no respect for any anti-vaxers...

It's not like the NHS as a whole would (or is even allowed to) treat them any different because they haven't been vaccinated. 

Absolute Knobs the lot of them...

Edited by onesea
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I nominate the owl that just flew out of a hedge and damn near took my head off down our lane. All I saw was a blur for a second and I ducked just in time. 

Fortunately I wasn't going that fast as I'd just had to slow for someone turning into a farm.

• Haha 2