Nob of the Day.......

Tango

17 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

First thing this morning the car windscreen was frozen. So I lobbed a bucket of cold water over it.

And then discovered the rain sensitive wipers were active. 

I am soaked. 😟

Least they weren't glued to the screen 😁 

Once again it is me :oops:

Electric Oven packed in last week, interesting fault, it kept turning the grill on while using the oven and refused to switch off :shock:

Wife wanted it replacing with an all singing & dancing model she had seen. I said no as old one was a 13amp plug in and when I remodeled the kitchen years ago I had removed all the old wiring and put the socket in for the oven. I didn't want to be taking tiles off wall, running new cables from cooker socket, re-tiling etc etc so said it had to be a similar model so I can just do a straight swap with no messing.

Took old oven out today to discover that past me had planned for this by wiring the plug socket with 6mm cable :bang:

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Once again it is me :oops:

Electric Oven packed in last week, interesting fault, it kept turning the grill on while using the oven and refused to switch off :shock:

Wife wanted it replacing with an all singing & dancing model she had seen. I said no as old one was a 13amp plug in and when I remodeled the kitchen years ago I had removed all the old wiring and put the socket in for the oven I didn't want to be taking tiles off wall, running new cables from cooker socket, re-tiling etc etc so said it had to be a similar model so I can just do a straight swap with no messing.

Took old oven out today to discover that past me had planned for this by wiring the plug socket with 6mm cable :bang:

Does the wife know? 

• 2 weeks later...

Today's Nob:

Whoever the DX delivery driver was that allegedly couldn't find my address.

Even if the eejits have delivered here many times. 😡

• Sad 1

Today it was pc fecking 2 faced plod. 

Sat behind a fully marked up police estate car, noticed he was a bit tardy at pulling away creeping up to traffic lights hmm had it been a van or a car I would be thinking on the phone. 

Gets to end of bus lane, pulls along side Ohhhh Yea scrolling through a smartphone looked like what'sapp couldn't tell for certain but def phone, he looks at me and launched phone into passenger seat, picks up his radio, pulls in front of me into a box junction blocking said junction, I was almost out of van but lights changed,  he then shot of left at roundabout no indicators, presumably so I didn't follow him, so phone, box junction, no indicators, wonder how many points that would get the rest of us. 

• Haha 4

My boss would like to nominate whichever company it is that has put a temporary traffic light directly at the end of his driveway :lol:

Cul-de-sac too so only way out is a left turn :roll:

IMG-20220129-WA0000~2.jpg

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

My boss would like to nominate whichever company it is that has put a temporary traffic light directly at the end of his driveway :lol:

Cul-de-sac too so only way out is a left turn :roll:

IMG-20220129-WA0000~2.jpg

Something fishy about that...... 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, goat said:

The woman who parked like this at tesco Diss today20220129_110454.thumb.jpg.1be786165568aa96d5679bf0a9801248.jpg

I had a youngish lass parked next to me in Sainsbury's  straddling 2 bays, I said to her forget specsavers go straight to Barnard Castle, she was not impressed :lol:

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Not sure if they just didn't see me or just didn't care. 

I spotted them moving early so just kept an eye on what they might do - assume the worst and you won't be surprised.

They had probably checked the road was clear before you came into clear site or decided you where far enough away to pull out regardless.
Once they are in the middle of the road they figured if you hit them it’s your fault.  
If it makes you feel any better I recon they would of done the same to a car…

Edited by onesea
  • Like 2

On 03/02/2022 at 14:33, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Not sure if they just didn't see me or just didn't care. 

I spotted them moving early so just kept an eye on what they might do - assume the worst and you won't be surprised.

Given the angle they was parked at and you was coming around a bend they wouldn't have seen you in their mirrors full stop 

All they would have seen is the whit car parked behind them 

All traffic would have been totally out of view 

If they had pulled off and carried on straight there probably wouldn't have been an issue 

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Given the angle they was parked at and you was coming around a bend they wouldn't have seen you in their mirrors full stop 

All they would have seen is the whit car parked behind them 

All traffic would have been totally out of view 

If they had pulled off and carried on straight there probably wouldn't have been an issue 

True - I realised this which is why I kept an eye on them. They were moving slowly so had they gone straight ahead I intended to simply cruise past as there was plenty of room, but I had a hunch they would then execute a different manouvre without checking which is precisely what they did.

Well I am going with the cyclist who pulled out of the side road into my path.  When I sounded horn he looked back and a stuck finger up.
I suggested not to pull out in front of cars, he told me to open my eyes.

Urm no they where open or I might of been learning what to do with the bike…

• Like 1

A general rant about (usually rural) drivers who seem to have cars which aprt from when stopped seem unable to proceed at any speed except 40 -45 mph. I got stuck behind one today for almost 15 miles. In the NSL bits he did no more than 45. In the villages with 30 or 20 he did 40. 

• Like 1