Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Well....there were 3 contenders today:

1st was on the Huntingdon ring road.....he was heading across a junction which crosses the ring road.....missed the right turn and then sat across the junction to turn right around an island that was impossible for him to get round......eventually realised his folly and went straight on.....obviously after the lights had gone red...... :roll:

#2.....30 seconds after #1 nob......a coffin dodger going the wrong way round the one way system.......and turned down a road that was also one....the wrong way......completely oblivious to any road signs indicating no entry....... :roll:

#3.....a little further round......a lady in a Mini estate sitting at a set of lights to turn right......filter light is green giving us all the go-ahead......nope.....just sitting there staring at the green light......revving the bike did nothing....so a peep on the horn woke her from her little sleep... :roll:

On my daily commute to work there is a road that is heavily congested, I always filter down the middle usualy without any problem. However recently cars have begun to move over into the middle to prevent me from filtering. :twisted:

On my daily commute to work there is a road that is heavily congested, I always filter down the middle usualy without any problem. However recently cars have begun to move over into the middle to prevent me from filtering. :twisted:

I've noticed that happening more lately too. There's always at least one knobber trying to stop me from getting past. Yesterday the M3 was shut in both directions due to an accident. People had been sat there for a good two hours and there were quite a few knobbers trying to stop me from getting past. I got beeped at twice, just for filtering.

last night i was on my way home from my fathers and not long after getting into pembroke i approach a bit of traffic at the lights. so i'm thinking now i cba sitting behind them so i may as well filter down to the front and just as i check over my shoulder and start to move out the idiot in front decides she's going to block me off -.- so i thought oh okay if you are going to be childish about it then i'll just filter down the other side! and another idiot who was behind the car in front of the lights decides to block me off as well...

Feeling grateful for Cambridge drivers where filtering is concerned, having read a few of the comments on here; genuinely never had a problem, people often moove over and give you plenty of space when you to squeeze in.

I've had one or two problems with filtering. I filter where I can and its appropriate (aside from cock ups) and the majority of people move out the way. The ones that don't are checking Facebook usually.

Need to get some rude stickers and when people block you off, simply stick one on their back bumper and ride off...

I usually find that if its not too much inconvenience to yourself following them scares the shit out of em :lol: :lol:

• Haha 1

Feeling grateful for Cambridge drivers where filtering is concerned, having read a few of the comments on here; genuinely never had a problem, people often moove over and give you plenty of space when you to squeeze in.

That used to be how it was round me, but recently more people have started trying to block me. I think that's because I'm doing much more commuting now and commuters are generally pissed off and ratty (I'm so glad I love my job!).

It's easy to distinguish between a dozy driver and a deliberate blocker - the dozy driver might appear to move over to block you, but just watch the driving - if they're all over the lane then they're probably just a dozy driver. If they are driving in the middle of the lane, then move over to block as you approach, then in your mirror you see them move back into the middle of the lane once you've gone past, that means they're an ar*ehole. It's usually suited and booted types in "executive" cars who try to block me.

It's usually suited and booted types in "executive" cars who try to block me.

Exactly the sort who would crap their pants if you got off you bike and knocked slowly on their window for a chat..... :twisted:

• Haha 1

that is the only thing that is enjoyable for me about having L plates. nob heads dont expect that its a very pissed off 15 stone guy in his 30's that they are harassing by driving up my arse blocking me off etc :twisted:

• Haha 1

that is the only thing that is enjoyable for me about having L plates. nob heads dont expect that its a very pissed off 15 stone guy in his 30's that they are harassing by driving up my arse blocking me off etc :twisted:

had a similar situation in a petrol station when a twat in an audi wanted to push past the worlds smallest gap between my bike and a car. he didn't expect a 15 stone 30 something year old to turn round and berate him, while shouting at him to engage his brain and then the reverse gear (he could easily have reversed out the petrol station).

L-plates make it fair game to be picked on by other road users.

I might stick some L-Plates on my Gillera-180 scooter and see what happens. That bike (180cc two stroke) will out accelerate most cars, but if they want to play silly buggers, i'm more than happy to park up, tap on the window and catch the whole conversation on helmet cam :twisted:

I might stick some L-Plates on my Gillera-180 scooter and see what happens. That bike (180cc two stroke) will out accelerate most cars, but if they want to play silly buggers, i'm more than happy to park up, tap on the window and catch the whole conversation on helmet cam :twisted:

could you not get a ticking off from the boys in blue for sticking L-Plates on your bike, even though you're not a learner. I could have sworn i heard Russ from roadcraft nottingham say something to that effect on one of his videos.

Maybe it's because there are far too many push bikes in this town, so drivers don't mind motor bikers as much as push bikers.

could you not get a ticking off from the boys in blue for sticking L-Plates on your bike, even though you're not a learner. I could have sworn i heard Russ from roadcraft nottingham say something to that effect on one of his videos.

Probably, but the 180cc looks the same as the 125cc. Only if they read the 180cc sticker or did a check on the bike would they know it was a 180cc and not a 125cc.

Also, i've seen loads of driving instructors driving about solo in cars with L-Plates attached. they dont get pulled!

L plates and then a cross through it with black insulating tape

You think the car drivers will look close enough to see the cross?

Do car drivers look where you are? Most of the ones around me only look at facebook!

Nob of the day goes to the white van man who nearly drove into my car whilst I was taking the dogs for a walk tonight.

Parked car on his side of the road, I was approaching from opposite direction. I saw he was going fast and likely wasn't going to stop to give way (even though he could have ).

So I was forced to slow to a stop to allow him to pass the cars by driving on my side of the road whilst putting my hands in the air and shaking my head...

Anyway, he sped through, shouted abuse at me, much to the disgust of two old ladies at the side of the road, then stopped and reversed up behind me presumably looking for a fight...

Well I stopped and waited to see what he was going to do, then thought better of it and drove off very slowly...and watched him wheel spin off and the old ladies looking even more upset!!!

What a complete nob!!! In hindsight, it might have been fun to wait till he was out of his van before popping the automatic boot at letting him come face to face with my large male Rottwieler and mental Labrador.

I know they are harmless, but he wouldnt have know that! Lol.

• Haha 1