Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Nob of the day goes to the white van man who nearly drove into my car whilst I was taking the dogs for a walk tonight.

Parked car on his side of the road, I was approaching from opposite direction. I saw he was going fast and likely wasn't going to stop to give way (even though he could have ).

So I was forced to slow to a stop to allow him to pass the cars by driving on my side of the road whilst putting my hands in the air and shaking my head...

Anyway, he sped through, shouted abuse at me, much to the disgust of two old ladies at the side of the road, then stopped and reversed up behind me presumably looking for a fight...

Well I stopped and waited to see what he was going to do, then thought better of it and drove off very slowly...and watched him wheel spin off and the old ladies looking even more upset!!!

What a complete nob!!! In hindsight, it might have been fun to wait till he was out of his van before popping the automatic boot at letting him come face to face with my large male Rottwieler and mental Labrador.

I know they are harmless, but he wouldnt have know that! Lol.

I always stop leaving them only just enough space to crawl through if they don't respect who has right of way. :)

I always stop leaving them only just enough space to crawl through if they don't respect who has right of way. :)

Me too! i think thats part of the reason he was swearing at me... :lol:

Depends what vehicle I'm in!

If it's the bus then they are reversing :lol:

I've done that too when i get the chance!

I did that going under a bridge near here, its a straight section of road with the bridge in the middle that only one car can get through at a time, it was my right of way and I got the bridge first anyway but she still decided she was going to try her luck. I just put the handbrake on and sat there. She gestured, I pointed at the right of way sign.. repeat a few times. Eventually she reversed and let me through, much to the amusement of the man in the car behind her who had seen it happen and was having a good old chuckle. I was sure to thank her as I passed :lol:

My nob of the day goes to the person driving a silver Insignia that overtook me whilst I was doing about 70 on a straight section of single carriageway who then got held up by the train of about 4 cars just ahead of me :roll: They then decided it was a good idea to overtake those cars as we entered a 50 limit just before a village which is 30.. :roll: they then got held up just ahead behind someone who was doing 30 (I guess) and when they slowed to pull in to a driveway he overtook again! Me thinks he was in bit of a hurry.. Either that or he's just a nob!

so i may as well filter down to the front and just as i check over my shoulder and start to move out the idiot in front decides she's going to block me off -.-

I never ever filter to the very front - too many drivers dislike having to concede "pole position". It's pointless anyway, since you can easily overtake them as soon as the lights change.

I was joining the A12 in Ipswich heading towards Essex. I was following a Renault at the speed limit as an Audi tries to undertake us. The Renault driver must uave seen this and he decided to move into the same lane. What a star! The instant result was the Audi was boxed in. I saw the nob driving the Audi actually punching the steering wheel, as I very very very slowly started to overtake the Renault.

I was joining the A12 in Ipswich heading towards Essex. I was following a Renault at the speed limit as an Audi tries to undertake us. The Renault driver must uave seen this and he decided to move into the same lane. What a star! The instant result was the Audi was boxed in. I saw the nob driving the Audi actually punching the steering wheel, as I very very very slowly started to overtake the Renault.

Punching the steering wheel? What the actual eff? I haven't seen *that much* road rage tbh (tho barely been riding a year and obv not on motorways or anything), that's pretty mental! As are many of the other posts on here. I decided whenever I'm on the road, even if late for work, I would never let it affect how I ride at all, just safer not to and my own bloody fault if I haven't got out the house in time. People need some common sense...and to get a bloody life/anger management!

so i may as well filter down to the front and just as i check over my shoulder and start to move out the idiot in front decides she's going to block me off -.-

I never ever filter to the very front - too many drivers dislike having to concede "pole position". It's pointless anyway, since you can easily overtake them as soon as the lights change.

true that.

went down to see my grandparents this morning who are down near pendine and as soon as i got past the army barracks there a car flew past me at speed and came close to being spun off the road by hitting an oncoming car or worse flipping up onto the roof.

My award for nob of the day goes to the silly old woman who pulled out on me resulting in me having to apply my brakes pretty sharpish. Not even a sorry or any acknowledgement!

She probably sailed through the whole event, completely unaware that you were even there ...

As long as you look like you are going to rocket off most let it happen without issue :thumb:

I always do it, and if its a nice car like a lambo I may reconsider as he will want to be proving something. Everything else I nip ahead. On a smaller bike its wise to stay back a couple of cars.

Nob of the day was the guy who tried to overtake me while I was central in my own lane. I was overtaking another car...

So I accelerated ahead of him and then he tried again so I just kept on blocking him... At lights he was pushing by peds and things as if he was allowed to do so. Indian driver, couldnt speak english. Operating in the rules he learnt from his culture over here. Does my head in :evil:

The stupid woman who stopped her car in the middle of a junction to go talk to a policeman.

The road through Hardgate/Faifley was closed so loads of rush hour diverted traffic and she just stops and holds people up even more than they already have been. I'm surprised no one was hitting the horn. Couldn't drive round her due to all the diverted traffic coming the other way.

6476_10151444973810906_1758421662_n.jpg

Not really the nob of the day but my gf inflicted some pain this morning! :lol:

We work in the same place and I took her in today on the back of the GSXR. She hates it on the back of that bike as the seat was designed for a 5 foot tall midget.

To get comfy she has to lean quite far forward onto me... She sits very close and as I braked the fuel tank was forcibly introduced to my bollocks

Any other bike, she's the perfect pillion...

But the point is I'm still trying to pull my balls out of my abdomen :roll:

• Haha 1

Todays nominations go to the numpty's who have never heard of accelerating down a slip road to join a dual carriageway...... :roll: I was always taught that you build your speed to try to match the speed of the traffic you are joining......and it's always easier to lose a bit of speed with the brakes than try to accelerate at the last minute..... :wink:

So.....several times today I was joining dual carriageways and the numpty's in front pootle down the slip road....and then just pull into the path of whatever vehicles are already on there......leaving me almost stranded on the slip road......not once, but several times...... :evil:

I know some comment that you shouldn't let it get to you.....but I do a lot of driving as part of my working day......and often it's these dipsticks that make the drive frankly dangerous.......the roads are far too busy for these idiots to be let loose on them.....it's that sort of driving that causes accidents...... :shock:

Not really the nob of the day but my gf inflicted some pain this morning! :lol:

We work in the same place and I took her in today on the back of the GSXR. She hates it on the back of that bike as the seat was designed for a 5 foot tall midget.

To get comfy she has to lean quite far forward onto me... She sits very close and as I braked the fuel tank was forcibly introduced to my bollocks

Any other bike, she's the perfect pillion...

But the point is I'm still trying to pull my balls out of my abdomen :roll:

Maybe she just wanted you to know what it felt like to be a girl....lol :stupid:

Todays nominations go to the numpty's who have never heard of accelerating down a slip road to join a dual carriageway...... :roll: I was always taught that you build your speed to try to match the speed of the traffic you are joining......and it's always easier to lose a bit of speed with the brakes than try to accelerate at the last minute..... :wink:

So.....several times today I was joining dual carriageways and the numpty's in front pootle down the slip road....and then just pull into the path of whatever vehicles are already on there......leaving me almost stranded on the slip road......not once, but several times...... :evil:

I know some comment that you shouldn't let it get to you.....but I do a lot of driving as part of my working day......and often it's these dipsticks that make the drive frankly dangerous.......the roads are far too busy for these idiots to be let loose on them.....it's that sort of driving that causes accidents...... :shock:

that annoys me too!!

when you're just leaving a motorway service station and the idiot in front driving the crappy little 1.0l micra drives up the slip road at 40mph.

Idiots in little cars shouldn't be allowed on motorway!!!

My nomination for nob of the day goes to the absolute prat at Bar Hill roundabout who decided he could easily pull out and take the first exit without slowing down... in front of me, as I tried to exit the roundabout at the same ruddy exit. Had to slam on the breaks, but couldn't help but laugh when I saw the nob's wife smack him across the head. Overwhelming temptation to wave a rude gesture when I passed him a few moments later, but remembered that I should wait until I have a bike that can actually outrun people before I try that sort of thing :lol:

that annoys me too!!

when you're just leaving a motorway service station and the idiot in front driving the crappy little 1.0l micra drives up the slip road at 40mph.

Idiots in little cars shouldn't be allowed on motorway!!!

I don't think car size has much to do with it. There are just as many idiots in not so little cars!

My car doesn't even have a 1l engine and I have no problem exiting slip roads at an appropriate speed/time and am regularly held up by people in significantly bigger/faster cars!