Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Wow, that must be scary... Being overtaken by all those big artics, you're braver than me!

I remember riding my 125 along the entire M27, then down the A31 past Ringwood all the way to Three Legged Cross, so I could buy the SV650 after I passed my test. The 125 would do 70mph at a push, dropping to 65 up hills and was light as a feather so would be wobbled by any little gust of wind. I have never been so scared in my life!

nob of the day is the old timer who pulled out in front of me. i have caught it on camera so i may well upload the footage. No attempt at an apology. Doddery old tool.

Second place goes to stupid woman who pulled out onto the round about 3 inches away from my back wheel, thus giving me no room to manoeuvre. She was oblivious to the fact her driving was very disconcerting. This is after yesterday when i was thinking "I've not encountered a nob of the day for weeks!"

Todays nominations go to the numpty's who have never heard of accelerating down a slip road to join a dual carriageway...... :roll: I was always taught that you build your speed to try to match the speed of the traffic you are joining......and it's always easier to lose a bit of speed with the brakes than try to accelerate at the last minute..... :wink:

So.....several times today I was joining dual carriageways and the numpty's in front pootle down the slip road....and then just pull into the path of whatever vehicles are already on there......leaving me almost stranded on the slip road......not once, but several times...... :evil:

I know some comment that you shouldn't let it get to you.....but I do a lot of driving as part of my working day......and often it's these dipsticks that make the drive frankly dangerous.......the roads are far too busy for these idiots to be let loose on them.....it's that sort of driving that causes accidents...... :shock:

that annoys me too!!

when you're just leaving a motorway service station and the idiot in front driving the crappy little 1.0l micra drives up the slip road at 40mph.

Idiots in little cars shouldn't be allowed on motorway!!!

I don't think car size has much to do with it. There are just as many idiots in not so little cars!

My car doesn't even have a 1l engine and I have no problem exiting slip roads at an appropriate speed/time and am regularly held up by people in significantly bigger/faster cars!

just hang back put space between you and the front car giving you room to accelerate and if the a hard shoulder use that to get up to speed

Christ...our camper will do 80+ but it does get a bit scary up there so I limit it to 65...

but is your camper weighed down with cider, karaoke equipment and elvis costumes?!! :mrgreen:

Darwin award goes to the plank outside the Scarlets home ground in Trostre (Llanelli) who decided to reverse out onto a main road and almost hitting my fathers car.

Dagger award goes to the plonka who had to slam on his brakes and rag dolled because he wasn't looking where he was going and almost went into a Co-Op delivery wagon.

Platinum award goes to the traffic cop who pulled my father over in Hendy claiming he had no insurance on the car, FACT he does.

I don't think car size has much to do with it. There are just as many idiots in not so little cars!

My car doesn't even have a 1l engine and I have no problem exiting slip roads at an appropriate speed/time and am regularly held up by people in significantly bigger/faster cars!

just hang back put space between you and the front car giving you room to accelerate and if the a hard shoulder use that to get up to speed

uh... thats a bit naughty. The hard shoulder is only to be used in emergencies (highway code & law!!)... I am pretty sure being stuck behind a slow poke does not constitute en emergency!!!! :shock:

uh... thats a bit naughty. The hard shoulder is only to be used in emergencies (highway code & law!!)... I am pretty sure being stuck behind a slow poke does not constitute en emergency!!!! :shock:

Quite. If I'm behind a slow poke, I tend to hang right back - then pin the throttle when they are fully on to the motorway.

I do remember once, there was a Reginald Flatcap going at granny speed in the outside lane of the slip road onto the M27 when the inside lane was completely empty- so I undertook him- and he flashed and beeped at me. Lol!

My 'nob of the day' is actually quite old, from when I was about 18, on a FYM (yeah I love the foreign imports... :roll: ) 125, I had some mid life crisis bloke in a Ferrari riding my ass I was doing the speed limit of 40mh and going towards a speed camera, I decided to speed up and went through the camera at about 60 and from what I can gather the light flashed cause the bloke was doing same speed as me, then he suddenly slowed right down after the camera xD..

I was going towards the speed camera, don't have number plate on the front of motorbikes.. not sure the light did flash, or if he just saw that there was a camera and decided to slow down. but if it did, he deserved it, he'd been riding my ass for about 5 miles..

my nob of the day goes to a horse, yes i know they are not aware of the highway code but when your a wild horse living on open land near roads you still know that moving objects that make noise are going to hurt you. you have got to adult hood so you obviously understand that when one of these noisy things are coming towards you moving out into the little road and standing side on is not going to end well. shift ya ass out the way!!!

my nob of the day goes to a horse, yes i know they are not aware of the highway code but when your a wild horse living on open land near roads you still know that moving objects that make noise are going to hurt you. you have got to adult hood so you obviously understand that when one of these noisy things are coming towards you moving out into the little road and standing side on is not going to end well. shift ya ass out the way!!!

I came to the conclusion that they like the draft as you drive past them... thats why they stand close/In the road.

I came to the conclusion that they like the draft as you drive past them... thats why they stand close/In the road.

i dont mind them standing on the edge munching, but in the middle is a different matter esp when adult horses can fill the little road lol

Nob of the night goes to "Mr white van man" who decided it was ok to anchor on his brakes in the country lanes around here. Turned out there was a turning for a driveway he wanted but wasn't bothered about me behind him, the oncoming artic that pinned us behind him or the driver that nearly gave me a colonoscopy with the front end of her corsa.

In the rain as well the git, I had to change me pants when I got in :shock: :lol:

the hard shoulder can be use to get upto speed to make it safe to join the mway

the hard shoulder can be use to get upto speed to make it safe to join the mway

No, it can't.

https://www.gov.uk/motorways-253-to-273 ... 264-to-266

5. Lane discipline (264 to 266)

You should always drive in the left-hand lane when the road ahead is clear. If you are overtaking a number of slower-moving vehicles, you should return to the left-hand lane as soon as you are safely past. Slow-moving or speed-restricted vehicles should always remain in the left-hand lane of the carriageway unless overtaking. You MUST NOT drive on the hard shoulder except in an emergency or if directed to do so by the police, HA traffic officers in uniform or by signs.

Laws MT(E&W)R regs 5, 9 & 16(1)(a), MT(S)R regs 4, 8 & 14(1)(a), and RTA 1988, sects 35 & 186, as amended by TMA 2004 sect 6

Wording of the Law is

"No vehicle shall be driven or stop or remain at rest on any hard shoulder except in accordance with paragraphs (2) and (3) or regulation 7"

Paragraphs 2 and 3 of regulation 7 refer only to needing to stop the vehicle in essential/emergency circumstances.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1982 ... 163_en.pdf