Nob of the Day.......

Tango

"I gets up 2 hours before I go t'bed. Work 25 hours a day at t'mill AND pay t'owner for the privilege" "Tell that to the youngsters of today and the won't believe you!" :mrgreen:

You forgot to lick the motorway clean

Part timer :D

"I gets up 2 hours before I go t'bed. Work 25 hours a day at t'mill AND pay t'owner for the privilege" "Tell that to the youngsters of today and the won't believe you!" :mrgreen:

Motorway i say motorway ,

Back in ma day lad we didn't have no lardy da motorway Twas the a1 and nowt else but dusty farm tracks to lick clean !

Motorway i say motorway ,

Back in ma day lad we didn't have no lardy da motorway Twas the a1 and nowt else but dusty farm tracks to lick clean !

You old timers. Bet you didn’t have electricity either 😀

When will people learn.. never complain how tired you are! Everyone piles in with how much more tired and how much earlier they get up than you.. and how getting up at 3.30 am is somehow a good thing.

Especially do not complain in front of parents, because they will soon let you know that as a person without children you have no concept of true exhaustion (which I'm inclined to believe seeing how quickly it seems to age people!)

I think after the weather it's the nation's favourite topic of conversation :roll: :lol:

Parents and pet owners.

I go to bed 1am, 2am the dog wakes me up needing to go outside. 3am the baby is awake so I relocate to the spare room. 4am the cat decides he wants feeding. 5:15 my alarm goes off. That sequence of events happens to me on a regular basis.

The baby I can understand, but the pets.. lock them out of your room :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

:oops: My wife's hair straighteners stopped working. I fixed them last time so I was determined to do it again.

Put them on the workbench and plugged them in just to check. I knew the fuse was good as I'd previously tested it. Still no sign of any heat so I started to dismantle them.

And got quite a long way before discovering they were still plugged into the mains.

Off to Curry's in the morning with my tail between my legs....

The 'nice' car driver who (at excessive speed) hit my wing mirror (car!) while crossing the old bridge at Godmanchester. Did he stop?? No f'ing way did he stop!

Anyhoo, after rescuing the glass (it was hanging out of the 'pod' by the heater wires) and getting home, the glass just clicked back into place - Sorted!

But (Bob / Mandy), if you spot a red car with damage to it's offside mirror, please let me know the reg.

:roll: :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

Either the BWM driver who came round a bend just outside Betsy coed on the wrong side of the road.

Or the pillock who forgot the Bobber has a separate steering lock from the ignition whilst dying for a wee and dropped the bike - breaking the front brake lever and rear brake pedal. £130 for replacement bits - that one spending a penny that's cost me a fortune.

The impatient git in a grey RAV4 on the A43 today.

I was going straight over the A5 roundabout at Towcester,middle lane,he came hurtling past me on the 3rd lane which filters back into 2nd lane after the roundabout.

Not close to me but I thought d !ckead considering he had kids in the back.

Followed him to M1 roundabout, recovery truck pulled in front of him,granted it was a bit of a late move but Toyota man was on the horn.

Went round the roundabout the other side of the M1,RAV overtakes truck and gives the driver the finger.

RAV pulls in so I let him eat some R1 dust.

Or the pillock who forgot the Bobber has a separate steering lock from the ignition whilst dying for a wee and dropped the bike - breaking the front brake lever and rear brake pedal. £130 for replacement bits - that one spending a penny that's cost me a fortune.

Just think - 13000 wees and you've broken even! :roll: That really was the "nob" of the day... And the day after that.... And the day after that.... And.....

Either the BWM driver who came round a bend just outside Betsy coed on the wrong side of the road.

Separate steering lock to the ignition!? That's just bad design, no wonder you forgot.

I'll take this one today - and it's not riding or driving related...

Newly married man Monday just gone, and for the bar I ordered in 3 boxes of local ale knowing that whatever was left would be paid for by me. My wife said "just get one box". Of course I ordered three and ... skip to 11.45pm wedding day and I get a tap on the shoulder...

Venue Guy - "Hi Mark, we just need to chat about this ale..."

Me, merry - "Yea sure, no problem, how's it looking?"

Venue Guy - "You've got 60 odd pints left..."

Me - "Pardon??"

Venue Guy - "Yea, and it totals 374 quid"

Me - "Oh"

So I take my medicine and pay the money and cart home (the next day) all this ale, with the idea of giving it away to day guests who like ale as little gifts.

So, this morning, at 5.30am, I fill a two litre bottle for a mate at work to take it in and give her the bottle - not before I pulled the tap too hard and ale started pouring all over my patio. I then washed down the patio and swept away what I could, before my 16 week old puppy could come and lick the concrete for fun!

I'm at work, with beer smells on my arm, jeans and trainers.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Newly married man Monday just gone, and for the bar I ordered in 3 boxes of local ale knowing that whatever was left would be paid for by me. My wife said "just get one box". Of course I ordered three and ... skip to 11.45pm wedding day and I get a tap on the shoulder...

Me - "Pardon??"

Me - "Oh"

So I take my medicine and pay the money and cart home (the next day) all this ale, with the idea of giving it away to day guests who like ale as little gifts.

So, this morning, at 5.30am, I fill a two litre bottle for a mate at work to take it in and give her the bottle - not before I pulled the tap too hard and ale started pouring all over my patio. I then washed down the patio and swept away what I could, before my 16 week old puppy could come and lick the concrete for fun!

Nice work!

How long does it last? You might need a week off and start drinking fast!

Me - "Pardon??"

Me - "Oh"

Nice work!

How long does it last? You might need a week off and start drinking fast!

Well, I'll be having a couple of pints with dinner each night :oops: :D :lol: . It says on the box to consume within a few days from opening!

Separate steering lock to the ignition!? That's just bad design, no wonder you forgot.

.... They all used to be like that..... Just one key for ignition and steering lock? Luxury! When I were a lad etc. etc. etc.......

.... They all used to be like that..... Just one key for ignition and steering lock? Luxury! When I were a lad etc. etc. etc.......

Ah my mistake, it's all part of the charm of a retro bike then :D

The thing is I know they used to be like that and it was one of the plus points of the Bobber - but I just forgot in the moment. Still - it could have been a lot worse. They're bits that bolt on and apart from a small ding on the underside of the exhaust there's nothing to show for it. How it managed to ding the underside is a mystery to me, unless there was a rock somewhere lying around.

Me, for jumping out my skin like a frightened kitten when sat in a queue of traffic in the car,my window wound down minding my own business when a bike,VFR I think whizzed by filtering thru the traffic.

Didn't hear or see it coming. :oops:

Me, for jumping out my skin like a frightened kitten when sat in a queue of traffic in the car,my window wound down minding my own business when a bike,VFR I think whizzed by filtering thru the traffic.

I bet it opened your eyes up to how easily bikes are missed?

I have had it a few times :oops:

I bet it opened your eyes up to how easily bikes are missed?

I have had it a few times :oops:

Yes it did.I wasn't moving but just about to.

I filter thru the traffic where the VFR did maybe not as fast as he did but a good reminder to have your wits about you at all times whether in car or on the bike.

The bell piece in the transit connect on the A1(M) who clearly didn’t want me to overtake by aggressively swerving infront of me when he was lane 1 and i was 2, he was about 50mph and i was 70!

I backed off and went back into lane 1 and so did he...until i tried to pass again...so it was a long ride sat behind him!