Nuclear strength degreaser wanted.

Throttled

Muck Off, heavy duty wipes, chain and then brake cleaner has had little impact, so what can I use to get two years of ingrained muck/road grim/grease/ACF50/crud off my bike?

Elbow Grease? :up:

I already have lots of that :up: I just need something else to help get rid of the muck that is no my bike. So far all I have managed to do is get some off and spread the rest of it about :(

Kerosene/paraffin oil works on ANYTHING!... just not the brakes obviously. You wight want to wash it off after though, as it is an oil. But it does come off easily.

That o rsilicone spray. I think they both have basically the same stuff in them

this stuff is awesome http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POR-15-MARINE ... vi-content

marine clean degreaser you need a squirty bottle and you mix it with hot water the hotter the better I used to pour it out of the kettle and f**k me was it hard to handle :lol:

but it is really really good I would say the best I have used

Thanks for the suggestions. Just to clarify, I am looking for something that to dunk the parts in and not try and spray and clean on the bike. So paraffin would work well.

this stuff is awesome http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POR-15-MARINE ... vi-content

marine clean degreaser you need a squirty bottle and you mix it with hot water the hotter the better I used to pour it out of the kettle and f**k me was it hard to handle :lol:

but it is really really good I would say the best I have used

Thanks Stu. How far does it dilute? I take it would work by pouring some into a basin and then the hot water and then dunking the part in it?

cellulose thinners works well is air drying so does slowly evaporate but no matter how ditry it gets it caries on cleaning or buy urself a parts washer off ebay for 30 quid and the proper stuff to use in it

I would love a parts washer, the problem is space and no power supply.

Edited by Throttled

what parts are they?

would it be worth you getting them vapour cleaned? I know a man who does this for a living and his work is out of this world

ps he is my uncle :lol:

Thanks Stu. How far does it dilute? I take it would work by pouring some into a basin and then the hot water and then dunking the part in it?

Not sure to be honest I just nicked some of my dads :lol: unfortunately I cant ask him as he is no longer with us plus if he was he wouldn't remember anyway :lol:

but yeah I cant see dunking parts beena problem as all you do is squirt it on and it removes almost everything :shock:

what parts are they?

would it be worth you getting them vapour cleaned? I know a man who does this for a living and his work is out of this world

ps he is my uncle :lol:

Anything I can unbolt from my KLE, so footpegs, foot peg hangers and parts off the swing arm have been found to particularly bad. I think if anything I went OTT with protective sprays and that is what has become the gloop that is so hard to shift. Some will be used to degrease the wheels which are also very bad.

I like the idea of doing this myself. One day I may become a vapour/parts cleaner! I find this job very satisfying.

I like Marine Cleaner as it says it it is not noxious or flammable.

I found these vids immensely good on advice to hardcore clean your bike btw, you may have seen them or not be interested, but defo worth a look. V in depth, good ideas + what to use to clean and how to do it etc.

And I used Autoglym Motorcycle Degreaser (spray, not sure if they do anything in liquid form rather than aerosol) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-Motorc ... m+degrease

This is what I cleaned with it last... http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/BikerMoos%20Piccies/RQP5250228copy_zpse525ca7d.jpg . This was just a couple of weeks ago; & that's a toothbrush holding an epic lump of greasy grim-ness!

I've tried so many different degreasers is unreal, but the only thing I can find that shifts stuff really well is called 'traffic film remover'. You can get 25L on ebay for £20 and you just mix it with water. It literally removes everything. Just don't leave it on bodywork/shiny bits too long :shock: Having said that, its pointless for most people because unless you ride everyday, you're not going to accumulate loads of shit.

You can get it cheaper but I'd rather go with the turtle wax brand.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURTLE-WAX-PR ... 1c32fd5738

I found these vids immensely good on advice to hardcore clean your bike btw, you may have seen them or not be interested, but defo worth a look. V in depth, good ideas + what to use to clean and how to do it etc.

I have seen those videos and that is what I am now doing to the bike and boy does it need it.

And I used Autoglym Motorcycle Degreaser (spray, not sure if they do anything in liquid form rather than aerosol) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-Motorc ... m+degrease

This is what I cleaned with it last... http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/BikerMoos%20Piccies/RQP5250228copy_zpse525ca7d.jpg . This was just a couple of weeks ago; & that's a toothbrush holding an epic lump of greasy grim-ness!

Yup, just like my bike. It was no wonder with the chain going round crud like that, that I was not able to clean it properly.

Edited by Throttled

I've tried so many different degreasers is unreal, but the only thing I can find that shifts stuff really well is called 'traffic film remover'. You can get 25L on ebay for £20 and you just mix it with water. It literally removes everything. Just don't leave it on bodywork/shiny bits too long :shock: Having said that, its pointless for most people because unless you ride everyday, you're not going to accumulate loads of shit.

You can get it cheaper but I'd rather go with the turtle wax brand.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURTLE-WAX-PR ... 1c32fd5738

Since I am in my lock up and the agreement means I am not supposed to store flammable liquids, I am going to look more at that kind of product and the Marine cleaner Stu suggested. The lock up owners are OK with flammables such as aerosols and the petrol in the bikes tank, but they would not be happy with kerosene or petrol in containers.

buy an old dishwasher off eBay and bung all the bits in for a long cycle :cheers:

Nice idea, but same problem as to getting a parts washer, no electricity or space. The wife has said I could try out the one at home as an experiment, so long as the worst of the grit and crud is washed off first.