Where did your username come from?

Ricky

I was round at a mates house one evening drinking. We decided to get pizza in and we got a meal deal (pizza, chips and a can of pop for a fiver). When the can turned up, it was an import from over seas. On the rim was written "klingelton" from the German meaning ring tone. In a drunken stuper, it was the most hilarious thing ever. It became my online name and has stuck since. That was about 12 years ago!

Haha this made my morning! :D

Mine was something a mate named me when I was learning japanese, doing martial arts etc.. Was already called Gin/Jin by a few different people one being from the fact Ijin is devil and I was a little menace at times! The other is a type of sword so sword devil..

Something I was given when I was 14 and has stuck ever since!

Its a great username because I can use it for everything as no one ever has it! :mrgreen:

I was round at a mates house one evening drinking. We decided to get pizza in and we got a meal deal (pizza, chips and a can of pop for a fiver). When the can turned up, it was an import from over seas. On the rim was written "klingelton" from the German meaning ring tone. In a drunken stuper, it was the most hilarious thing ever. It became my online name and has stuck since. That was about 12 years ago!

Haha this made my morning! :D

Mine was something a mate named me when I was learning japanese, doing martial arts etc.. Was already called Gin/Jin by a few different people one being from the fact Ijin is devil and I was a little menace at times! The other is a type of sword so sword devil..

Something I was given when I was 14 and has stuck ever since!

Its a great username because I can use it for everything as no one ever has it! :mrgreen:

similar with klingelton - not many people would use it as a tag. i've only had one situation where someone has had the same name.

Mine came from one of those books where you changed pages based on the decision you made...

Go to Page 43 to Kill the Dragon

Go to Page 12 to die....etc

Used it for most games when I was younger....unfortunately I went from being able to use it everywhere to having bloody gits steal it from me when I try to sign up to things....I can't get much more random!

But yeah

Daveo is a nickname people have called me for years, there's way too many Daves in the world so the o was added ;-)

So is it "Dave-oh" or "Dave-eeeee-oh"? I've been thinking the latter.

Daveo is a nickname people have called me for years, there's way too many Daves in the world so the o was added ;-)

So is it "Dave-oh" or "Dave-eeeee-oh"? I've been thinking the latter.

0.o

I was literally just thinking the same thing :P

When I first signed up on here I had a bright orange Speed 4......and it was like having a big orange man slap me round the face....... :lol: :lol:

For our Younger members....... :wink:

">

I was always struggled to come up with a screen name, I'm not for having gaz1879658 or whatever obscure number comes up as an offer of Gaz not being available. So yeah, August Burns Red are a band, I saw them before they had a real following in the uk, in some dingy venue In Manchester called the road house, it's tiny and normally used for amateur bands. There must have been around a hundred people there, I'm a huge fan of intimate gigs, and this was the best of the lot of them. It was like seeing a band in a pub aside from I had two of their albums at home.

Some people may recognise the band name, but most just see a random jumble of words. The name itself gives me images of a summers evening with the whole sky lit up red, which is probably the best ending to a day I can imagine. When I had my bike I was all for riding to obscure places and admiring scenery and just watching the world go by. So yeah it's kind of two fold.

Have you met me???

Basically, I am (not) Grumpy, (do not feel) Old, and (not) a 'git' so.... just to be different (because I am definitely an idividual), I took the name GOG.

It is easy to get T-Shirts with that name already printed on it (and mugs, etc.) - You can even get a tin of 'Grumpy Old Git' mints!

So, just come on over when you spot me, offer to buy me a drink/hotdog/sandwich/etc. and you will be amazed about how not grumpy I am.

:cheers: