Calling all mobile phone gurus ...

XmisterIS

I have Samsung Galaxy S1 (old, I know!)

Sometimes, once the screen has gone black, it won't then come back on again when I swipe. E.g. the phone is still on, I can call it from my land line and it rings, but the screen stays black and unresponsive, meaning i can't answer it. The only solution is to take the battery out, put it back in and re-start the phone. It only happens once in a while, but it is a nuisance!

Anyone else had similar problems with the Galaxy S1? Anyone know how to fix it?

As soon as my contract runs out (December, I think) I'm going to get a brand new S4.

How long have you had it?

I had an s2 which got killed by a software update, wife's iPhone did too. We had to chop them in for new phones. Tbh worked out fine for me or it will do by the end of the year.

Has the S1 got a "proximity Sensor"? and have you recently fitted a new screen protector that covers the sensor?

I had a similar issue with the Nexus4. i fitted a cheap eBay screen protector that covered the proximity sensor.

The screen went blank when it thinks its close to your face ( in a call).

I'm running the Samsung S3 just notice that the screen has cracked JOY!! It's Not covered on the insurance I am told and it's a £175.00 fix :shock: I've never ever crack a screen before this a first. When l check this issue over on the net it seems l am not alone, thousands of people had the same problem, a design fault l'm thinking! I'm not a happy with my Samsung phone at the moment.

Sorry for the delay been busy with work.

Yes its the S1, pop everything you want to keep onto the sd card and restore the phone to factory settings. it will update a couple of things but these are core software so not a problem. The issues come from application updates so ignore those :D