Jeremy Forrest

Smokin Joe

Five and a half years, has the world gone mad?

I realise this is a controversial subject, but there must be millions of women out there whose first sexual experience was as a pre-sixteen year old and invariably with someone older who have no regrets whatsoever. Now I realise there are other circumstances here and the guy crossed a line he shouldn't have, including running away with her even though she apparently was going to go on her own anyway, but if he deserved a term that long how much should Stuart Hall have got? Not to mention repeat burglars and muggers who walk free with a community sentence countless times before finally being banged up, often for months rather than years.

And can somebody explain to the media exactly what a paedophile is? Even the quality papers are jumping on that bandwagon because they are too scared of the new puritan witch hunt to do otherwise.

When's her 16th birthday??

Crazy that had she been a few months older, there wouldn't have been a problem..

(Apart from issue of teachers sleeping with students)

teachers sleeping with students is sickening. i mean, come on some of them are married and i'm not on about the students.

there was a guy in the school i used to go to who was sacked for trying it on with some girl, this was a year after i had left and he was one of the new teachers at the school. because he didn't do anything to or with that girl her parents dropped all charges and the guy got off with a warning from the police...

some people may think that schools or colleges are a safe place where their children can come under no harm yet it has been proven time and time again that they aren't safe at all.

if though these girls or at least those below the age of 18 do decide to run off or bed one of their teachers or lecturers then there is something mentally wrong with them i think...

if though these girls or at least those below the age of 18 do decide to run off or bed one of their teachers or lecturers then there is something mentally wrong with them i think...

where do we draw the line? Currently im 22 and im seeing/dating a 41 year old woman. if you're 18 you're a responsible adult and answerable for your actions. fair enough girls who are 16 should be more careful, perhaps the "critical thinking" and "general studies" curriculums should be updated to include making smart life choices. like not bedding your teacher when youre 15.

I'm not saying what the guy did was right, but you cant blame it all on him. in my eyes anyone over the age of 15 should have enough common sense to make those choices.

where do we draw the line? Currently im 22 and im seeing/dating a 41 year old woman. if you're 18 you're a responsible adult and answerable for your actions. fair enough girls who are 16 should be more careful, perhaps the "critical thinking" and "general studies" curriculums should be updated to include making smart life choices. like not bedding your teacher when youre 15.

I'm not saying what the guy did was right, but you cant blame it all on him. in my eyes anyone over the age of 15 should have enough common sense to make those choices.

i know and you are right.

Thing is though, young girls always get a crush on teachers.

It the teacher's responsibility to resist their advances.

That's the problem here, his failure to resist temptation..

Or maybe he only became a teacher to get close to young girls??

How many times has he done this before??

It's not whether he was wrong or not - we all know he was, he crossed the line and for that there are consequences of which he was well aware. But five years in the slammer, FFS where's the justification in that? There are some real dangerous b'stads walking out of court every day with non custodial sentences and they waste a cell on this guy.

My take on it, is he's an idiot and sleazy, but equally, she's old enough to have the sense to not if she didn't want to. He didn't force her or anything. He did wrong (in my opinion), but not Stuart Hall wrong.

Some consistency in justice would be nice.

I would guess that he's been given a nice harsh sentence because it was a fairly high profile incident. When something makes that big a splash, someone needs to come down on it like a ton of bricks to remind the rest of the country why they should think twice before breaking a law, however minor (boom boom) they might think it is.

Helps counteract the damage to the credibility of the legal system done by all those times they release celeb footballers without charge after rapes or assaults.

And as far as her age goes, a line has to be drawn somewhere and that line is at 16. If you start making compromises because she was almost old enough, the line starts to blur. Black and white, no shades of grey TYVM!

I was thinking more about the level of media coverage, Hall was kinda just another face in the torrent of deviance that followed the Jimmy Saville revelations whereas Forrest had the whole search across the country and parts of Europe to find the missing girl. All a bit fresher in the minds of the masses, as opposed to someone who did something bloody awful but did it quite some time ago.

So is that what it's about? Instead of real, consistent justice, we have a system that makes examples of a few? Maybe if everyone got appropriate sentences, they wouldn't need to make examples of people.

He was a teacher in a position of trust. Parents should be safe in the knowledge that their children are safe at school. He abused that position and the sentence reflects the seriousness of that abuse rather than any sexual relationship. He would have been expecting it.

He was a teacher in a position of trust. Parents should be safe in the knowledge that their children are safe at school. He abused that position and the sentence reflects the seriousness of that abuse rather than any sexual relationship. He would have been expecting it.

Yep but 5years??

You could stab someone and steal all their belonging and get a lesser sentence!!

And why bother with all the expense of a complicated trail? Since its pretty clear case. He was her teacher, she was under age, so slap him with a fixed penalty style punishment as they would for motoring conviction.

Legal system in the uk is designed to only benefit the lawyers and legal teams.. I bet this case cost the tax payer thousands!!

And why bother with all the expense of a complicated trail? Since its pretty clear case. He was her teacher, she was under age, so slap him with a fixed penalty style punishment as they would for motoring conviction.

Legal system in the uk is designed to only benefit the lawyers and legal teams.. I bet this case cost the tax payer thousands!!

He pled not guilty, so "why bother" is obvious really.

The expense of a hearing would of course be necessary if the plea were guilty, so that the judge has the FULL facts presented in order that he can sentence fairly. Bear in mind that the press only print a resume which is (necessarily) biased in favour of sensationalism.

other than pleading not guilty which he would have done anyway and did he knew what he was doing and also knew that sooner or later he and the girl he was pulling along would get caught even if they changed their appearance. and she still wants to be with him...

other than pleading not guilty which he would have done anyway and did he knew what he was doing and also knew that sooner or later he and the girl he was pulling along would get caught even if they changed their appearance. and she still wants to be with him...

For the moment.

Two years (which is what he'll probably serve) is an awful long time when you're 15. She'll be going out with her mates and highly likely meet someone else in that time, or maybe just grow out of him.

Just to throw something in the mix if she was willing did they have sex? There was no rape charge so it was consentual why no charge for her?

There are also all these teen mums all had sex under 16 but no charges brought to either party guess the law only applies sometimes. Not only that they end up with free housing!

( I know older teacher blah blah)

Just to throw something in the mix if she was willing did they have sex? There was no rape charge so it was consentual why no charge for her?

There are also all these teen mums all had sex under 16 but no charges brought to either party guess the law only applies sometimes. Not only that they end up with free housing!

( I know older teacher blah blah)

The point is simply that HE was the adult, and therefore HE should have known better. She might consider herself to be an adult just because she is shagging the teacher but the very fact that she is doing it proves she isn't yet an adult...

He was ruled by his dick....she stroked his ego, amongst other things, and he paid the price for that ego...

What about the poor blokes wife....doesn't anyone feel something for her??

fact is neither of us would know if they had sex or not unless it was mentioned either on the news or in the papers which hasn't yet (i don't think) though put yourself in their situation for a minute or two and think about this, if you were that teacher and you've just run off with that girl where would your mind be? i mean what would you be thinking about other than sex? escape? flee? they fled the country did they not? they spent the majority of that time on the run. so where would they have found the time for it?

and yes he should have known better because he is the adult and married too though that girl should have known better than to think in her pants as well and fall head over heels for a teacher...no matter how old she is. it's just as her fault as it is his so should she also get charged? yes. she's old enough to be charged. she consented to going with him...and in doing so she tried to pervert the courts by changing her appearance.

fact is neither of us would know if they had sex or not unless it was mentioned either on the news or in the papers which hasn't yet (i don't think) though put yourself in their situation for a minute or two and think about this, if you were that teacher and you've just run off with that girl where would your mind be? i mean what would you be thinking about other than sex? escape? flee? they fled the country did they not? they spent the majority of that time on the run. so where would they have found the time for it?

and yes he should have known better because he is the adult and married too though that girl should have known better than to think in her pants as well and fall head over heels for a teacher...no matter how old she is. it's just as her fault as it is his so should she also get charged? yes. she's old enough to be charged. she consented to going with him...and in doing so she tried to pervert the courts by changing her appearance.

She won't be charged because she is a minor and therefore the victim....you may not agree but that is what the law says...

it's just as her fault as it is his so should she also get charged? yes. she's old enough to be charged. she consented to going with him...and in doing so she tried to pervert the courts by changing her appearance.

If she'd been caught coming out of Dixons with a mobile phone hidden in her pocket her pleading that she's only fifteen would have cut no ice, so yourself and Techno have a good point.

It does take two to tango.

I was round my Ex's today picking my lads up to take them for lunch....and the Ex was in the kitchen with her hairdresser getting her hair cut. They were discussing this topic.....and as far as they were concerned he should have got a much longer sentence.... :shock: I think that many people have lost sight of what a custodial sentence is primarily for.......to remove individuals that pose a threat to society from it...... :roll: I in no way condone this guys actions......what he did was extremely stupid.....but do I think he poses a serious risk to society?......I think not. He will never be allowed to hold a position where he could come into contact with minors again......there seems to be no evidence that he was a serial abuser of minors.....so removing him from this temptation should be sufficient to stop this happening again.

As it is....I and the other tax payers in this country will now have to pay for his incarceration.....and there's a good chance that he'll never work again......gaining employment will now be extremely difficult for him with a criminal record......so we'll probably have to continue to support him......it's kinda ironic really...... :roll:

I think that this situation with teachers and pupils is far more common than most people think.......so should we lock up a large percentage of the teachers in this country?