Observation of the day...

Joeman

Little girls grow up playing with dolls, dressing toy babies, and generally preparing for motherhood when they will have a baby of their own to look after, care for and enjoy.

Little boys grow up playing with toy cars and motorbikes, preparing for adulthood when they will have real cars and motorbikes to maintain, care for and enjoy.

Yet us blokes are expected to sacrifice our garage time, neglect our bikes and cars and help the women with the babies...!!

So next time i do an oil change, my partner can crawl underneath and pull the sump plug!! :twisted:

Intended as a joke so dont get all anti-sexist on me! i love my little baby girl..... ( but she does seem to be taking away my biking time )

Intended as a joke so dont get all anti-sexist on me! i love my little baby girl..... ( but she does seem to be taking away my biking time )

It's too late now Joe, you've gone and said it. the feminists will be tracking you down. There's no going back, now you've posted that on the all serious internets people will take what you said to be fact. you can't change their minds either. Just change name and go into hiding now.

It's too late now Joe, you've gone and said it. the feminists will be tracking you down. There's no going back, now you've posted that on the all serious internets people will take what you said to be fact. you can't change their minds either. Just change name and go into hiding now.

LOL, yes, im doomed now.... will have them outside my house burning their bra's later!!...... i'll get the video camera ready ;) ;)

Little girls grow up playing with dolls, dressing toy babies, and generally preparing for motherhood when they will have a baby of their own to look after, care for and enjoy.

Not all little girls! 8-)

Yep....my mates daughter!! No matter how much her mum dressed her up in pink and tried to get her to ballet lessons she was never happier than slouching around in jeans and football shirts....and doing her Karate lessons...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

LOL, yes, im doomed now.... will have them outside my house burning their bra's later!!...... i'll get the video camera ready ;) ;)

I think you should repost your thoughts on MumsNet. :lol:

My missus helps me when I am working on cars or bikes and need an extra hand. I guess I picked a good one!

Also, 4 1/2 months in, not a single nappy changed yet!

:up:

careful, someone will report your missus to child services if you post that stuff online. you should really get her to change the kids nappy, its not good for them!

My missus helps me when I am working on cars or bikes and need an extra hand. I guess I picked a good one!

Also, 4 1/2 months in, not a single nappy changed yet!

careful, someone will report your missus to child services if you post that stuff online. you should really get her to change the kids nappy, its not good for them!

LOL, I KNOW you know exactly what I meant, so not even going to bother to correct you!

:up: :up:

I've got the best of both worlds: Wallie was forced to play with dolls by his mum (which he largely used to beat his brother with) and due to his lack of boys toys is now obsessed with guns and NErf guns, and I grew up preferring to play with my big bro's Micro Machines and Transformers and games consoles.

So screw gender stereotypes.

And sod having a child, I've got better things to do with my time and money. And I can't imagine having a Mini Me combo of Ollie& I. Would probably be the f**kin devil!!!

i love my little baby girl..... ( but she does seem to be taking away my biking time )

Moo's suggestion: child labour. Not sure how young your baby girl is, but babies MUST be useful for something other than s**tting and screaming? And you can pass it off as quality time spent together!

:stupid:

Grew up playing with Lego, Meccano, Dinky/Matchbox cars and a Hornby train set, which I still have in the loft!!

And I'm quite happy to do some minor car maintenance and quite capable of doing D.I.Y around the house & garden! :D

Wallie was forced to play with dolls by his mum (which he largely used to beat his brother with)

She didn't actually force us to play with the doll, just bought it for us - something about giving us a balanced upbringing without gender stereotpes. And then she wouldn't let us have toys with weapons to balance it out! Blatantly wanted to have girls. So yeah, balanced things out on m own by using the doll AS a weapon. The fabric torso meant that if you held it by a hard plastic leg, you could use the head like a flail :mrgreen:

Wallie was forced to play with dolls by his mum (which he largely used to beat his brother with)

She didn't actually force us to play with the doll, just bought it for us - something about giving us a balanced upbringing without gender stereotpes. And then she wouldn't let us have toys with weapons to balance it out! Blatantly wanted to have girls. So yeah, balanced things out on m own by using the doll AS a weapon. The fabric torso meant that if you held it by a hard plastic leg, you could use the head like a flail :mrgreen:

THIS FTW!

childhood is great isnt it?

i grew up on a really rough estate in luton, i had an absent father so my mum raised me and my delinquent elder brother.

i didnt have dolls lol. i grew up playing with action men, playing war, building dens, scrumping and play fighting (getting battered) with my elder brother.

at about 8yrs old i started to collect sticks that i could use as swords.

at about 9 years old i started to collect knives.

in my early teens i started making knives, swords and various other deadly weapons. i got in trouble from my mum for shooting a homemade crossbow in my bedroom.

i had an air rifle that i used to shoot in the loft. i got in trouble from my mum when the police brought me home with it one day after a little "experimental" long range target practice involving street lights lol.

i started tinkering with engines and vehicles when i got my first motorbike at aged 15.

im 40 next month and i still have knives, guns and i build motorbikes in my dining room. personally i am not looking forward to my childhood coming to an end. i recon i turned out ok lol.

I only ever had one doll when I was little and hardly played with it, I collected Corgi cars, loved knives, guns, Action Man and riding my bike. Hated wearing dresses and when I started 'developing' I used to put my school belt around my chest and pretend I was a boy :lol: . I always do my own DIY where possible, have put up kitchen units, made stable doors, help with roofing and fencing. Oh I did bring up three kids too!