Work at Goodwood Festival of Speed

Nice! I work as a spectator marshall at Sliverstone for the British F1 Grand Prix. Well it's voluntary but we get a small amount so we can at least buy lunch.. Can't grumble though, I'm getting in for nothing and the camping is free :D

:cheers:

What I do is a lot different to the track marshalls who have to do the training and get plenty of experience at smaller circuits and events before being able to do F1.

I got in through a lad who I used to work with. Basically they were short of numbers and I said I'd give it a go, this year will be my 4th time of doing it. I think most people get in through someone else and because I've already been a few times I don't need to do any training but there is an NVQ course that you can do. It's mostly common sense and unless you're a complete fool anybody can do it although I have known there to be people that were useless, taken off their post and told not to come back.. I'm normally posted at a gate at the start of Hangar straight and my job is simple. Don't let anyone through it, or try and climb the fence etc

Last year they were asking people that were interested to register on the Silverstone website and this year they have got a load of people called "race makers" who are helpers like they had at the Olympics doing various things.