Kymco Hipster 125cc - running problems

Miss Meg

A given, but advice that doesn't necessitate replacing the whole bike would be a better place to start :lol:

Haha, I was only joking. And I went on to advise free/cheap ways of trying to fix it, so nurgh *sticks tongue out and makes a raspberry noise^

Haha, thanks every one, I shall see what I can do.. The bikes been fine mostly, had a hissy fit when I bought her to Bristol though, but she didn't have oil then..

Thanks for all the tips :-)

Well I just started her again, and she started fine on kick start, electric start still being a douche but hey ho... Just noticed, the neutral light goes out when I try using the electric start, so not sure whats happening.. She sat running for 5 mins absolutley fine.. so I'm going to ride her upto sainsburys and put some petrol in (she has plenty but no where else I can think to ride her..)

Thanks everyone.. Still going to look at the battery and connections just don't really know what I'm looking at.. heh.. anyone in Bristol fancy being super helpful and showing me the basics of what I need to know haha!!

Thanks again all,

Meg

Well I just started her again, and she started fine on kick start, electric start still being a douche but hey ho... Just noticed, the neutral light goes out when I try using the electric start, so not sure whats happening.. She sat running for 5 mins absolutley fine.. so I'm going to ride her upto sainsburys and put some petrol in (she has plenty but no where else I can think to ride her..)

Thanks everyone.. Still going to look at the battery and connections just don't really know what I'm looking at.. heh.. anyone in Bristol fancy being super helpful and showing me the basics of what I need to know haha!!

Thanks again all,

Meg

Thanks again all,

Meg

Check and clean up the earth connections from the battery to the frame and the engine to the frame...

whats wrong with Bristol :P I love this city

I have, I managed to get her running, got lost trying to get to north bristol (from another part of north bristol) and ended up in the city centre haha! I'm useless at directions it was supposed to be a 15 min ride, ended up being an hour.

Anyway, got to my friends and they checked the battery (with this little thing that clips on, not a charger?) and when the engine was off, it was flashing orange, engine on and it was flashing red. So the problem is the battery for sure, need to get a new one, as after an hour running it had barely charged although the electric start did manage to work just.

Going to try riding her daily just so she doesn't get any worse until I can figure out which battery it is I need!

Thank you everyone :)

if you look at the side of your battery it will give you the size informantion there as in 12v-3a or5a or what ever it size you need,then just go into bike shop and ask for that size battery,altho just go into bike shop and ask for battery for your bike they should be able to look up the correct size for you

• 7 months later...

Boo Hiss, bad me for dragging up an old thread! Did you ever get this fixed, or has Meg disappeared? I consider myself to be a bit of a Kymco Hipster guru having nut and bolt stripped and rebuilt mine twice, built a wiring loom from scratch, and did all my engine work myself lol.

If ya still need help, ya know where I am!