Suzuki gsxr 750 k7 major issue

I-AM-THOR

hi,

I was riding home the other night and the lights flashed and POOF it stopped mid flow on the motorway. I have charged the batter while it was plugged in cos i can't get it out lol. Anyways the battery is full and no fusses are burnt out yet the bike won't switch on.

And by not switching i mean there is no display on the dash not a thing

any advice would be great, thanks

You are sure that there's not a fuse somewhere that could have gone?........Kill switch working OK?......Have you measured the voltage at the battery?

BTW.....welcome to the Forum.......maybe check in at the Newbies section and introduce yourself to the rest of the gang..... 8-)

common suzuki problem check the multi plugs at the front end they corrode and furr up and do exactly what you have described :)

Yeah, theres a big plug on the left hand side about the size of an apple. Check that's not all furred up.

If the red key light is not flashing and you have no fuses gone and a charged battery, its got to the a bad connection somewhere.

You are sure that there's not a fuse somewhere that could have gone?........Kill switch working OK?......Have you measured the voltage at the battery?

BTW.....welcome to the Forum.......maybe check in at the Newbies section and introduce yourself to the rest of the gang..... 8-)

I not a bike guru or even technically minded but i did change the rectifier/regulator a few months back. I have taken all the information on board and first thing i will get pics of these areas and inspect and look for any hidden fuses

common suzuki problem check the multi plugs at the front end they corrode and furr up and do exactly what you have described :)

Yeah, theres a big plug on the left hand side about the size of an apple. Check that's not all furred up.

If the red key light is not flashing and you have no fuses gone and a charged battery, its got to the a bad connection somewhere.

front or back?

There was a fuse in the back left. not sure how we are picking left or right but it was on my left if i was sitting on the bike. it had a leg thing snapped i removed and replaced it but with zero effect

front or back?

There was a fuse in the back left. not sure how we are picking left or right but it was on my left if i was sitting on the bike. it had a leg thing snapped i removed and replaced it but with zero effect

Front. As you look down the left fork you might see it.

The fuse at the back, was it by its self?? Do you have an alarm fitted? Any chance the immobiliser has kicked in??

ive just checked the wiring diagram, the big plug at the front is just for the dash, so with it disconnected, the bike would still turn on, so its not that.

I recon the main fuse has blown, as even with the reg/rec busted, there should still be power from the battery to the lights etc.

but assuming the battery is charged, and properly connected, the fact that nothing is coming on, points to the main 30amp fuse.

ive just checked the wiring diagram, the big plug at the front is just for the dash, so with it disconnected, the bike would still turn on, so its not that.

I recon the main fuse has blown, as even with the reg/rec busted, there should still be power from the battery to the lights etc.

but assuming the battery is charged, and properly connected, the fact that nothing is coming on, points to the main 30amp fuse.

Thanks, it was the fuse you said. yay

Fuses get stressed over time.....so it may have just gone due to age........way to tell is to look at the fuse wire.....if it's all blobby around the break and lots of black burn marks, then it's blown in a big way and there'e probably a reason for that.....whereas, if you can just see a small gap in the fuse wire it will have just fatigued due to age...... :wink:

If the fuse splatted....replace and see if it blows straight away....which would indicate a short-circuit somewhere or very low resistance.......if it doesn't blow straight away.......start the bike and measure the voltage going to the battery......if the Reg/Rec has died it could be pumping too much current at too high voltage into the battery......which will cook the fuse again.....and the battery...... :wink:

if it doesn't blow straight away.......start the bike and measure the voltage going to the battery......if the Reg/Rec has died it could be pumping too much current at too high voltage into the battery......which will cook the fuse again.....and the battery...... :wink:

That was my initial thought and where I would start too :)

Fuses get stressed over time.....so it may have just gone due to age........way to tell is to look at the fuse wire.....if it's all blobby around the break and lots of black burn marks, then it's blown in a big way and there'e probably a reason for that.....whereas, if you can just see a small gap in the fuse wire it will have just fatigued due to age...... :wink:

If the fuse splatted....replace and see if it blows straight away....which would indicate a short-circuit somewhere or very low resistance.......if it doesn't blow straight away.......start the bike and measure the voltage going to the battery......if the Reg/Rec has died it could be pumping too much current at too high voltage into the battery......which will cook the fuse again.....and the battery...... :wink:

It didn't blow, going to take it for a ride thurs to make sure its ok. i will have another inspection but today i noticed no black marks or burn marks. I hope its not the rec/reg cos that was only changed in april