Radiator leak!

Robik

Distilled water and antifreeze in the correct ratio........if you use tap water it can fur up the waterways in the engine.....much like your kettle furs up.......and don't forget that antifreeze also helps the cooling system......so it keeps the bike cooler in summer too...... :wink:

Ah I see, the coolant stuff I have is premixed ready to pour. Thanks for that Tango. :wink:

Hi all,

Thought I would post my results, poured the k-seal in and looks like it has stopped the leak!! :D

Thanks for all your help everyone! :wink:

well done for sorting it yourself and saving a few ££££££ glad its all working fine now just keep a regular eye on both coolant levels and oil levels as they can both vanish quickly and regular checks will prevent serious engine damage possibly occouring

• 3 years later...

I'm glad for Megawatt; I hear that sometimes this stuff works. My story is different:

The radiator on my Honda CBF600 sprung a leak. After much reading around online, I settled on KSeal. The next few uses (18 mile commute) more bike overheated - I now need the head skimmed & a new head gasket, as well as a new radiator.

So my advice - avoid!