Cutting out and other misery

RantMachine

My bike had started playing up this morning, with no forewarning to speak of.

First thing I noticed was that it over revved when I used the choke - about 5000 instead of the usual 3000. Second thing was that it cut out as soon as I released the choke. I've ridden to work now, and it still won't idle - it's cut out every time the revs drop to 3000, and there's a fairly distinctive rattle around 4000. Needless to say it's a right nuisance! Especially as I don't have any other way to get to work :(

Any thoughts? Bike is a Lexmoto Lowride.

you have checked the oil level in the engine since your epic trip over the weekend havent you?might also be at the mileage for needing cam chain adjusted it its not got automatic adjuster fitted,if you want me to pop over later and have a look just let me know

Yeah, I check my oil religiously, so shouldn't be that. Thanks for the offer, if you've got the time that'd be amazing, reduces the odds of me making it worse somehow and being stranded at home :lol:

Gotta get the thing there first! Doubtful they'll fit me in this weekend at such short notice, too. Utter utter string of ruddy miseries, swear to god I have one week of problems for every week decent week of riding.

struggling not to make chinese bike jokes :lol:

I wont make any suggestions since eab is having a look, he knows much more than me! hope it gets sorted and is something simple

bandit does the same thing. It just needs to warm up. Adjust the choke so revs at the normal range, wait for it to warm up (which could be 10 mins) then take it off

If it has a choke, then surely its carbed, no?

struggling not to make chinese bike jokes :lol:

I wouldn't expect any less :P

I think I've come up with a peach if a slogan for the chinese motorcycle industry though - "Chinese bikes, the best incentive you'll ever get to stop putting off your Direct Access" :mrgreen:

sorts out tools to take .............*hammer....check.......chisel......check........gaffer tape.........check* yep we can fix it

Don't forget the dynamite!

problem located inlet rubber has split open on underside now down to dealer to sort out

Thanks Steve - accompanied by the lovely OH and trusty giant tin of grease! :mrgreen: Was nice to meet Mrs EAB at last, and hopefully Wolls will be able to come to Rutland with us all still on Sunday. Cheers for the help - thank feck it was just a small problem!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/P7040062_zps23c630e7.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/P7040063_zps17d66248.jpg

Pfffttt gaffa would have fixed that... :mrgreen:

yep i agree it would of but when bike is under 4 months old and under warranty get new one and have it sorted by dealer when out of warranty then yep gaffer tape all the way......lol

On a serious note it is incredible that this part should have failed so soon....just goes to demonstrate the lack of build quality in these machines...