Led indicators and Flasher relay

cookiemonster

Just installed some new led indicators on my en125,replacing the standard bulb indicators.The leds flash at the same rate as the original ones so do i need to replace the flasher relay? Also when i first fitted them the right side wouldn't work.After some fiddling about they worked fine but im wondering if that issue was also to do with the relay?

Im not great on wiring so any help would be much appreciated :mrgreen:

although some bulbs have a load resistor built in to make them direct replacements for standard filament bulbs.

if yours flash at the same rate as the filament bulbs did, then chances are your LED's have a load resistor and you wont need a new relay.

If you want to be totally sure, get a multimeter and use it to measure the current draw of both a filament bulb and an LED bulb. if they draw the same current, you dont need a new relay.

although some bulbs have a load resistor built in to make them direct replacements for standard filament bulbs.

if yours flash at the same rate as the filament bulbs did, then chances are your LED's have a load resistor and you wont need a new relay.

If you want to be totally sure, get a multimeter and use it to measure the current draw of both a filament bulb and an LED bulb. if they draw the same current, you dont need a new relay.

Thanks, ill do that. i have a multimeter kicking around the garage somewhere :mrgreen: