Get well soon Remy (Gill)

megawatt

Gill just posted this on another Forum;

"Absolutely gutted. Came off my bike yesterday and broke my leg in two places. Currently in hospital waiting for an op. I was soooooooo looking forward to the rally and other things :-( *CRY* "

Get well soon Gill, we are all thinking of you.

Just been on the phone with Gill. She is in hospital in Wrexham waiting for an operation. She was crossing a ford in North Wales and the front end got away from her and she dropped the bike on her leg. She was with a mate and there were two off duty paramedics there straight away to help. She was airlifted to hospital as the ambulance couldn't get near the ford.

She is depressed at dropping the bike and missing out on bike meets and a friends wedding, so I'm sure she will appreciate your good wishes and if anybody can visit that would be nice as hubby has to be home to look after the animals on the farm.

Mend quickly Gill - I know you'll be going stir crazy in hospital as you're such a busy person!

I'm not too far from you & you've got my phone number, so if you see this just give me a shout if I can do anything to help. Xxx

Swapped a few text messages with Gill this afternoon. Turns out she won't be operated on today!!! But every cloud has a silver lining. In Gill's words " am going to stuff my face now" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Not good - we're leg injury buddies! You'll get better real soon I'm sure, just don't push it. Being sat around isn't fun, but try to spend the time doing things you've often put off/keep yourself entertianed; sort your digital photos, get photo albums printed, read all those books you told yourself you'd read, watch all of Green Wing on LoveFilm :D , make music playlists, call family and friends, if you play an instrument get a new book or get better at your favourite tunes....etc etc!

If you've never had an op before, from my experience it was nothing to worry about, in fact it was a big relief (and the drugs are fun!). Keep positive, get some of the people from that rally to visit you and keep smiling xx