Dropped my lid! ...effed??

Well, approx this time last year I dropped my lid onto the floor and replaced it. I was in a bit of a rush this evening, washing my hands in some public loos *bleugh!* and propped my helmet and bloody annoying knee guards on the side. Trying to stop knee guards falling off, I knocked my helmet, caught it with my thigh but it slipped and made a nice ole crashing noise on the floor.

I've never read any helmet instructions (I'm gradually getting better with this improtant stuff tho honest), but have heard from others you should replace it if you drop it. But...how much force can they withstand? Do you know much about lids? Should I fork out to replace it? Guessing the answer is yes, but just thought I'd ask 8-) . Annoying as hell, trying to be careful with money pre-belated honeymoooooon! :evil: And I looove all my stickers on it!

Can you take the linings out to check if the foam inside is cracked? Personally I would not worry, a metre when the lid is empty should be ok, opinions vary, but that's mine.

I have dropped mine from that height and still use it.

If it fell from thigh height onto the floor M00 it's probably OK......as Matty and Spence suggest, just check it over for any visible signs of damage....the only bit you won't be able to see is inside the outer shell where it hit the ground if that has dented the foam inner shell....but from that height and empty it's fairly unlikely that it's done any damage..... 8-)

what the others have said really

Also when you say stickers do you mean the design of the helmet or stickers you have stuck on?

If stickers what you have put on then one thing to note is that some stickers can react with the helmet and cause the shell to go soft! although I have never known it happen but it can do....just more safety crap for ya :mrgreen:

Also when you say stickers do you mean the design of the helmet or stickers you have stuck on?

If stickers what you have put on then one thing to note is that some stickers can react with the helmet and cause the shell to go soft! although I have never known it happen but it can do....just more safety crap for ya :mrgreen:

Moo knows this much - they are helmet stickers. Reflective ones and a cartoon skeleton face with a purple bow in her hair :mrgreen: :wink: .

Cheers - has put my mind at rest. So you're telling me the one I dropped last year I most likely didn't have to replace and is infact the most expensive plant pot I've ever owned (by a long shot)?! Hahaha! :lol:

:stupid:

This was my thought too :(

Should be fine.. If your short on money just put it on a "to buy when you can" list..

Its not urgent but a new lids always going to be better than one thats taken bumps!

• 1 month later...

Raising a thread from the dead...................The Shoei Race tec who inspected mine after a drop from the handlebars to the floor said you would need to hit them with a big hammer to damage the inner shell, so a little drop only really damages the finish - and your nice shiny helmet :oops:

Raising a thread from the dead...................The Shoei Race tec who inspected mine after a drop from the handlebars to the floor said you would need to hit them with a big hammer to damage the inner shell, so a little drop only really damages the finish - and your nice shiny helmet :oops:

Yeah had several people say the same to me...and kinda wanna be sad and have my next helmet match my bike...so I'mma leave it til I get a new bikey after my tests and some saving :mrgreen: . Thanks though! Was told different on my CBT and I always need SOMETHING to worry about... :lol: