Keeping leathers in shed??

As above really as the two daughters are growing up and needing more and more space for their ever expanding shoes, and clothes collection not to mention the wife I am the one who has to suffer and sacrifice some space.

The only place they have yet to invade is my wooden garden shed. Would this be a suitable place to store leathers. The only concern I have is no heating inside the shed would this cause damage to the leathers with the cold winters etc?

Thanks

many people keep theirs in their garage and I wear mine though the winter with no ill effects to the leather.

I would say the only thing to be careful about is the bloody spiders making it a home

the only way i could see it being a problem is if you dont wear them regularly, i suffer it in my room, if not worn for a while damp attacks and its not nice, the smell is horrible and you get little white mould which wipes off but leaves like a shadow over the leather.

if your wearing regularly then this wont be a problem as long as if you get them wet you dry them in the house properly. maybe get a clothes bag that you can zip them into and silicon storage bags to put in with them to absorb the damp?

either that or you stand up to the girls on this one and say no lol

I would say the only thing to be careful about is the bloody spiders making it a home

Yuck..

I wouldn't.. Dont like the idea of putting on damp cold leathers every morning :(

• 3 months later...

The shed is not the best of place to be honest but if you have no option l would suggest to put them in one of these first.

http://www.packmate.co.uk/vacuum-storage-bags_62_3.html

We use then all the time to stow our caravan bedding, l can report that they do keep out the dust, damp and also the spiders lol