engine breather question

fromos

Bit of a silly question but I. Come across a engine breather or at least I think that's what it is its on top of my engine head below the tank gs850 does it need a breather tube ?

Cheers bought some tubing etc all is good now I rode her last night around 20 miles and now its misfiring on some cylinders we have concluded that it needs new Coils

are you sure its the coils ?what kind of air filters have you got on it?if its single cone filters it will need upjetting a long way,easy way to tell is as you are riding pull choke on slightly if the running smooths out then its fueling and needs larger jets,my gs1000 was a bugger to set up with single filters on it

It has bellmounts on mate yeah but it fires first time runs perfect for about 15 mins then starts to lose power and misfiring on cylinders like its finding it hard to get fuel through but when you stop it cuts out you then refire it maybe 5 mins later then it will run for a further half a mile then starts misfiring and the gradually comes to a hault presuming the coils have gained some heat somewhere along then line thus making it misfire but then again the carbs need a clean out I know that if the carbs where very bad if would have a different effect what would happen with the straight filters to your bike ?

i had seperate cone filters on my gs1000 we ended up having to up the main jet by a lot it would tick over fin rev fine but as soon as you rode it and put it under load it would cough splutter and try to die so gave it soem choke and off it went hence just had to work out what size main jets i needed got it right and was sorted didnt do much good for fuel consuption tho think i was getting about 15 to the gallon out of it due to the pipe on it as well

Cheers Matty I've bought Suzuki orignal coil pack rather than one of those chineese after market rubbish ones and the chineese ones has two slide on connectors that connect to the coil orange and white and the new coil suzuki one already has these connected the end of the Suzuki one has a white square male end where as the chineese junk had a slip in clip similar to indicator or infact the same I am wondering if I can cut of the white block and put on those slide in clips ?

so fitted the coils tonight seems to be riding well rode her for a good 2-3 hours yesterday then she started to gurble abit and wanted to cut out at the lights it is firing straight back up so i know the coils are fine i think that maybe the sparkplugs are abit old so i am going to replace those also it was firing on four and had a bit of a misfire as well so i am going to assume that the problem lies within the spark plugs or the carbs.

so after everything tested everything checked everything finaly found the solution inline four carb three was making it misfire we sprayed a touch of easy start into it and it fired like normal so the carb is being stripped the diapram was old and needed changing and the rest of the carb will be done and it should be right as rain this week