Registration is quick and easy 

house hunting

YammyRider

I don't see why not but the person selling the house has probably put all their cr@p in there to make the rest of the house tidy so it could cause embarrasment.

A buyer could need to see whether it had potential for conversion, whether the tank was a rusty hulk, whether it was adequately insulated, whether the mad mother-in-law was hidden there etc...... so the seller should be prepared to be asked (although they probably won't offer to show it to you - unless particularly proud of their train set)

You can look anywhere that the vendor permits you to look.

If they want to exclude you from certain areas of the house, I would ask why. Anyway, when you get a survey done (which you must if you are getting a mortgage), if they refuse the surveyor access to some areas of the house then the mortgage company probably won't give you a mortgage.

So, it is in the vendor's interest to allow you to see anything you like, within reason. Of course, you should not start taking up floorboards or anything like that.

If you're really keen to see in the loft (I'd normally have that as a second visit kind of thing rather than every house, usually on the first trip I just ask if its boarded out) it helps to ask before you arrive.

I've been to houses where its a two second job to get the ladder down. Come to mine and I have to get the ladders out the shed, grab a torch, put sheets down on the floor and walls, its a right old faff if I haven't been asked in advance!