Bye everyone.

Guest ATRB983

I'm leaving the motorcycle world having decided there are too many lunatics on the road and after having learned that car insurance will only be around £1300 for me for a 1 litre vauxhall corsa.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Bye.

I'm leaving the motorcycle world having decided there are too many lunatics on the road and after having learned that car insurance will only be around £1300 for me for a 1 litre vauxhall corsa.

Bye.

fecking hell £1300 for a shitty corsa that much would insure my bike for 10 years

Bye.

fecking hell £1300 for a shitty corsa that much would insure my bike for 10 years

Can't imagine a corsa offering much more protection from the nutters...

but if they say 1300 for it i know what i am doing , sodding the car off. why would you thing that 1300 is reasnable?

Because if you're my age, the insurance would be about 3000.

but if they say 1300 for it i know what i am doing , sodding the car off. why would you thing that 1300 is reasnable?

:shock: That's got to be enough for a year supply of train tickets, especially with a young persons railcard...

Anyhow, nuts to giving up on something without even trying it! What happened to your sense of adventure, ATRB983? Surely the best way to overcome the nuts on the road is by being an even bigger nut :mrgreen:

:shock: That's got to be enough for a year supply of train tickets, especially with a young persons railcard...

Or a motorbike with insurance :mrgreen:

Well, can see where he is coming from, end of the day, I remember when any car quote was £3000 plus.

Now I have gone over 21, its gone down. Still got to do what you love though. If you get the bug properly its harder to go back than based on pure numbers....

Having said that, you could probably get it cheaper on black box insurance if you were so inclined.... But be prepared to be a dash board starer to win the cheaper price.

in 5000 miles or so I've ridden in the last 6 months, i can honestly say the biggest danger to me is myself. The actions of others can be mostly predicted, and those that can't should be mitigated with good defensive riding and not exceeding your own abilities.

The "Too many lunatics on the road" argument is not a valid one. But - y'know, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out!