Bye everyone.

Guest ATRB983

in 5000 miles or so I've ridden in the last 6 months, i can honestly say the biggest danger to me is myself. The actions of others can be mostly predicted, and those that can't should be mitigated with good defensive riding and not exceeding your own abilities.

The "Too many lunatics on the road" argument is not a valid one. But - y'know, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out!

I can't argue with any of that!

I'm leaving the motorcycle world having decided there are too many lunatics on the road and after having learned that car insurance will only be around £1300 for me for a 1 litre vauxhall corsa.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Bye.

not yet a 'biker' then , maybe one day ,,,bfn

I don't get the point in saying you are to give up on something you've never even attenpted. He says he's giving up because of all the lunatics on the road well he clearly hasn't thought so well on that one, he clearly hasn't thought about the lunitics who drive cars as if they are on a race track or in some rally.

1300 to insure a corsa? Rip off price, you'd be able to get a decent 125 and insure it for less than that :)

In my opinion, it would be better to start off on a bike than it would to learn to drive a car. You'd no doubt get better road sense that way...:D

:stupid:

Thats how I did it.. 125 insurance for my first year in London was still only 600..

Mine was £29 full comp on a 175. And you could get hammered for a fiver and still have enough for a Chinese on the way home and we didn't have mobile phones and computers and we were happier because of it and rant moan whinge etc etc ..................

Mine was £29 full comp on a 175. And you could get hammered for a fiver and still have enough for a Chinese on the way home and we didn't have mobile phones and computers and we were happier because of it and rant moan whinge etc etc ..................

How do you remember back that far?

How do you remember back that far?

Not suffering from memory loss (yet!).

:up:

:stupid:

Thats how I did it.. 125 insurance for my first year in London was still only 600..

:stupid: ...yeah Wot he says...