Helite air bag vest

It's £460 and saw one on eBay for £130 New, impulse got the better of me. what do you guys think? I already wear a hi viz so happy to take stick for that. I'm just thinking of my daughter and new born son. unfortunately my one has got peugeot branding, but I'm not a brand whore, it's for function not looks.

http://www.helite-motorcycle-airbagjackets.co.uk/

http://www.helite-motorcycle-airbagjackets.co.uk/50-thickbox/hi-vis-motorbike-vest.jpg

It's £460 and saw one on eBay for £130 New, impulse got the better of me. what do you guys think? I already wear a hi viz so happy to take stick for that. I'm just thinking of my daughter and new born son. unfortunately my one has got peugeot branding, but I'm not a brand whore, it's for function not looks.

http://www.helite-motorcycle-airbagjackets.co.uk/

http://www.helite-motorcycle-airbagjackets.co.uk/50-thickbox/hi-vis-motorbike-vest.jpg

I remember these coming out a number of years ago. I used to work down the road from the FastBike office and they tested it in my carpark. As I remember, it worked pretty well. I wonder how comfy one would be using a back protector.

my workmate has recently had one of thes ebought for him by his stepdad. Im in a mixed mind as to whether theyre a good idea or not though i havnt really done any indepth reading about them.

I know for sure though that the cold rainy autumn morning ride to work will end with me just wanting to get inside really quickly and then POOF! i forgot to untag it's exploded on me....again.

not sure if it would affect it - but coming from skiing and biking i was always taught that if you have an off, just relax as much as you can. as hard as it is to do when flying through the air you have a much better chance of coming out with less injuries if youre limp. Does this jacket stop you from doing that or does it just provide extra padding?

it came today, really high quality. I wasn't too bothered about the peugeot symbol on it, but on closer inspection it says scooters underneath in quite large print front and back. I'm gutted, now when I'm out in town people will think I'm on a damn scooter. ...breath.... must think of the kids :/

it came today, really high quality. I wasn't too bothered about the peugeot symbol on it, but on closer inspection it says scooters underneath in quite large print front and back. I'm gutted, now when I'm out in town people will think I'm on a damn scooter. ...breath.... must think of the kids :/

then dont wear it when youre off the bike :mrgreen:

personally i would not wear it but i totally respect why you choose to. there must be a way to obliterate the logo, maybe with paint and a stencil or maybe a glue on patch of some sort. after all you wouldnt want a poxy scoota logo to spoil its dapper style.

if it were all black it wou;ld look a bit like a stab/tactical vest..

I imagine the hi viz and logo had something to do with its price. hi viz wearing bikers accounts for what 10% of riders, numpty riders that will wear a scooter hi viz? 0.001% scooter riders aren't going to fork out £465 for this as they would rather spend it on a motorbike.

• 1 month later...

Love it, I used to wear a hi viz and this is more last a waist coat. Three buckles and it sucks my jacket in less drag in wind. One buckle for bike attachment doesn't take long at all. Can be a bit annoying in the dark as I don't have street lights at home or work. But them I find it just as annoying trying to get my key in the bike in the pitch black.

Wish it was a full moon all the time. If only there was such a thing as a convenience light for motorbikes.