Anyone know a good place to buy computer parts?

Benn

The fan in my macbook pro just packed in - it rattled loudly then died :?

Anyone know where I can get macbook parts so I don't have empty my wallet into the thieves at apple's back pocket? :evil: I've searched around and the best I can find is a company that sells them second hand over in the states.

Open the case and have a look. It should just be a standard fan, either an 80 or 120mm one that will just have 4 screw holes in the corners. Have a look on aria.co.uk, ebuyer or scan.co.uk and see which has some good ones on offer. If you plan on keeping the Mac for a few more years don't just buy a cheap no name brand fan as it will have cheap bearings and be noisy again very soon.

Open the case and have a look. It should just be a standard fan, either an 80 or 120mm one that will just have 4 screw holes in the corners. Have a look on aria.co.uk, ebuyer or scan.co.uk and see which has some good ones on offer. If you plan on keeping the Mac for a few more years don't just buy a cheap no name brand fan as it will have cheap bearings and be noisy again very soon.

Thanks very much! :D I've got some free time tomorrow so I'll take a look then.

:cheers:

MacBook won't have a standard size fan. I'd put money on it.

I know it's unlikely :( . They can earn more money if the only way to get the part is through them :evil: Wish I didn't need a Mac. I hate Apple as a company.

Sorry to bounce in here..

In line with this thread has anyone got any history with building their own PC?

Have a list of potential parts I want to get but want to talk to some one knowledgable first about making sure they work well together.. :?

Have a list of potential parts I want to get but want to talk to some one knowledgable first about making sure they work well together.. :?

Yes. You know where I am.

I have been building computers since the late 80's in school.

Update, finally had time to sort the laptop out, booted it up and there was a crunching noise, then the fan went back to normal :? Anyway, back to boasting about what computers we've built :mrgreen: