Silencer

Guest Ozman

Hi I have a Suzuki GSXR750 went to tack a day and my exhaust was too loud for the restriction, you can get add on silencer for noise reduction. Can anyone help or know where to find them.

Oz

Hi I have a Suzuki GSXR750 went to tack a day and my exhaust was too loud for the restriction, you can get add on silencer for noise reduction. Can anyone help or know where to find them.

Oz

Alright buddy,

I've had the same problem with my ZXR750. Too loud for the test and I didn't want to splash out for a new exhaust (seeing as the bike was dirt cheap!)

My solution: I made my own baffle for the can!

I cut two discs out of aluminium the same size as the pipe and drilled a hole centrally in both just big enough to take a bolt. Then I drilled as many holes as I could be bothered in one disc, slipped them both on the aforementioned bolt with the solid disc locked down tight and BAM, a DB killer for approximately zero pounds!

Here's the thing I made:

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx246/Mr_Fro/Biking/IMAG0139-picsay_1.jpg

I also made a tab to stop the thing shooting out when it's revved:

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx246/Mr_Fro/Biking/IMAG0138-picsay_1.jpg

All in place:

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx246/Mr_Fro/Biking/IMAG0137-picsay.jpg

The idea is to push the exhaust gas through the baffle material which is why the bolt needs to be fairly long, the solid disk needs to be a good few inches inside the actual can. Make the perforated disk slightly larger than the solid one - just big enough to fit inside the end of the pipe otherwise it will disappear down your can and you'll have to take it all apart and get happy with a broom handle!

This really makes a difference to the noise level of my bike. I've not gone for a run with it in so can't vouch that it'll do much for your performance but to get you through the noise test it's a blinder.

Also, download a freebie DB meter app for your phone, it'll give you a good idea of your noise level.

Cheers,

Fro

And you can buy dB Killers too.......go in the link pipe where the can slips on....... :wink:

really? i didnt know that was where they were supposed to go. i have used them in tha past and fitted them in the can itself. fitting in the link pipe would be very restrictive.

And you can buy dB Killers too.......go in the link pipe where the can slips on....... :wink:

really? i didnt know that was where they were supposed to go. i have used them in tha past and fitted them in the can itself. fitting in the link pipe would be very restrictive.

Hmmm....obviously there are different versions......I was thinking of the one I got with my Trident cans for the Sprint ST......and that deffo went in the link pipe where the branch pipe fitted..... :)

Didn't seem too restrictive as the ST still had a good roar to it.....and didn't upset the fuelling too much either....once I had the correct map loaded..... 8-)