SORN?

fullscreenaging

<t>Do You SORN?</t>  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do You SORN?

• Yes
    • No

A simple Poll.

When I had my bikes (1 at a time) they were toys and I rode all year round, but only when it was a nice day through the winter.

I know some people hang their leathers up over winter time, but I never saw the point. I always wanted to be out on my bike at every opportunity.

So, do you SORN and why? If not why not?

No I don't sorn

more hassle doing it plus its all taxed, MOTed and insured ready just incase I NEED to use it like if the car breaks down

it doesn't cost a lot more to keep it taxed really

i keep it going, it certainly helps when building my no claims, as you need a full years insurance to count. 11 months wouldnt cut it.

sorn does not mean canceling your insurance :wink: and not having it insured is a big risk in itself :shock:

i do and i dont.

i have three bikes. the R1 is not sorn, however i wont ride it in the shit winter weather, i have no need to.

the gsx cafe racer is sorn cos it is not MOT'd so is not being used.

the Chop's tax and insurance have just ran out. as i intend to to rebuild it over the winter there was no point insuring or taxing it.

I hate the winter with a passion & working mostly outside during winter particularly makes the warm car a nice commute so I do sorn I just put bikes out of my mind during winter & look forward to spring, I plan to retire south I hate the winter that much.

Speedie is not SORN'd....and I won't either as it's nice to have the option of taking the bike out if there's a nice day during the Winter.........but the ST is currently SORN'd as the MOT has expired and I need to sort a couple of things out on it before I can MOT it.......so, a bit like Martin really.... 8-)

I SORNed the Bonnie one Winter and really regretted it when I couldn't get out on nice days - never again. The only benefit now is that I don't have to renew my insurance in the same month as my tax and MOT.

I have a SORNed CG125 that I need to sort out and MOT

Neve SORN the daily bike but save a few quid on the track monkey over the winter. :-) It never works out quite right and I always end up paying 6 onths duty for 5 months and three days worth. :-(