Passed mod 2 today

Nice one mate......congrats...... 8-)

Are you looking for a brand new bike or secondhand?.......have a look around as some manufacturers have special deals on at any time of the year......and this time of year is when they start rolling some of these deals out as the sales start to fall off a bit..... :wink:

I was lookin at a newish bike maybe brand new or a ex demo bike if the monthly payment r within my budget, ive been looking at the triumph streets and kawka z any naked bikes really cz ther cheaper on insurance for me than a cbr 600 that i really wanted

I was lookin at a newish bike maybe brand new or a ex demo bike if the monthly payment r within my budget, ive been looking at the triumph streets and kawka z any naked bikes really cz ther cheaper on insurance for me than a cbr 600 that i really wanted

Yeah....a CBR600RR will cane you for insurance......but what about a CBR600F?.......No...wait a minute...what am I saying......NO...you NEED a Street Triple..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Seriously.....yeah, insurance is likely to be the deciding factor.....so get your shopping list together and see what each of the bikes comes out like......and have a search to see what deals are around..... 8-) Triumph don't really do too much in the way of deals on their bikes....they tend to be able to shift them without.... :wink:

What is all this about the triples? I think there's some bias on this forum...

Oh, and why would anyone get a CBR600R-argh-me-hearties when they could have a ZX6r? :-)

Bias?.....what bias?......but wait.......Yamaha launch the ALL NEW MT-09.....Triple is the way forward they say..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Anyway....the ZX6R is a triple.....with 33% extra free..... :lol: :lol:

After having a look on the comparison sites last night the cheapest was

z1000 £496

Street tripple £527

Speed tripple £579

Hornet £638

Cb1000r £850

So i dont know what go for ill have to take a couple for a test ride, i really like the z1000 with it having abit more fairing but i dont know if its a good idea to have a 1000cc as a first big bike

So i dont know what go for ill have to take a couple for a test ride, i really like the z1000 with it having abit more fairing but i dont know if its a good idea to have a 1000cc as a first big bike

Don't think about the size mate, I had a year out after a smash and had it in the back of my mind that I didn't want too much power. Anyway, it was a toss up between the CB600 (or something) and the CB1300. I had such a huge grin after an hour on the 13 and I found that it gave me more confidence riding something with that sort of capabilities that I slapped my card down as soon as I got back and picked it up a week later!

Just get a feel for the bike itself and how it makes you feel - the rest is incidental.